Author Topic: Group of hundreds of migrants crosses into Mexico, aiming for US border  (Read 153 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Group of hundreds of migrants crosses into Mexico, aiming for US border

The group, made up of largely Venezuelan migrants, walked along a highway in southern Mexico, led by a Venezuela flag with the phrase “Peace, Freedom. SOS.”
By Edgar H. Clemente • Published July 15, 2023 • Updated on July 15, 2023 at 8:44 pm

Nearly a thousand migrants that recently crossed from Guatemala into Mexico formed a group Saturday to head north together in hopes of reaching the border with the United States.

The group, made up of largely Venezuelan migrants, walked along a highway in southern Mexico, led by a Venezuela flag with the phrase “Peace, Freedom. SOS.” The men, women, children and teenagers were followed by Mexican National Guard patrols.

Migrants told The Associated Press they crossed into Mexico illegally through a river dividing the two countries. They said they decided to organize the group and start out because many had been sleeping on the street and had run out of money to buy food.

“We just want to move forward, to fulfill our American dream and work, because we're all workers here,” one Venezuelan, Roseli Gloria said while taking a brief rest along the highway.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/national-international/group-of-hundreds-of-migrants-crosses-into-mexico-to-head-toward-us-border/3265031/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson