Author Topic: Yes, No, Maybe – but Its Going to be Something! Settled Climate Science in 2023  (Read 204 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Yes, No, Maybe – but Its Going to be Something! Settled Climate Science in 2023
9 hours ago Eric Worrall

Climate change could be supercharging the weather this year – but we’re not sure exactly how?

How El Niño, climate change and warming oceans could combine to supercharge the world’s weather

By weather reporter Tyne Logan

Of course, in any one year there is always going to be extreme weather events.

But Dr Gallant said this year, records were not just being broken — they were being smashed.

“It’s really made us stand up and take notice, because it’s not just in one place,” she said.

A sign of what’s to come

It is still too too early to say whether the individual weather events were made more likely by climate change, or other natural influences like El Niño.

But Dr Gallant said what was clear was the nature of weather events had changed, and it told a story of what the world may be in for in the year to come, particularly in the realm of heat.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/07/15/yes-no-maybe-but-its-going-to-be-something-settled-climate-science-in-2023/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson