Author Topic: More Disclosure About “Climate Risk Disclosure”  (Read 201 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More Disclosure About “Climate Risk Disclosure”
« on: July 16, 2023, 10:20:10 am »
More Disclosure About “Climate Risk Disclosure”
WEBEDITOR Biden Admin, SEC 0

FOIA Litigation reveals eye-opening breadth and depth of climate activist involvement with Biden Administration

Coordination extends beyond SEC, to White House, EPA, others

Energy Policy Advocates has obtained 501 pages from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) litigation over records pertaining to the involvement of a “climate” rent-seeker, Persefoni, and its partners Ceres and a consultant called ERM. It is now clear that these parties worked hand-in-glove with the SEC in developing the latter’s “climate risk disclosure” (CRD) proposed rule.

That rule declared an outlying, relatively low cost estimate a fraction of what other parties estimate this will do to the broader economy and its (non-Persefoni) participants, yet lacking citation or methodology to explain from whence it came.

Subsequently, numerous congressional oversight efforts have focused on determining where this enigmatic cost estimate for SEC’s extraordinary and legally adventuresome CRD proposal came from.

For a primer, GAO has covered this troubling public-private partnership, here.

https://govoversight.org/more-disclosure-about-climate-risk-disclosure/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson