Author Topic: Upcoming Hurricane Season  (Read 490 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Upcoming Hurricane Season
« on: July 16, 2023, 12:39:22 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqzQpdhwPjY&t=320s&ab_channel=RyanHall%2CY%27all

It appears with the record heat in the Atlantic, highest since records started being kept in 1840's and weaker El Nino than predicted, the number of named storms and hurricanes are going to be much higher and more severe than were projected earlier. Time for everyone at risk to double check their preparations.

Online libertybele

Re: Upcoming Hurricane Season
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 01:02:04 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqzQpdhwPjY&t=320s&ab_channel=RyanHall%2CY%27all

It appears with the record heat in the Atlantic, highest since records started being kept in 1840's and weaker El Nino than predicted, the number of named storms and hurricanes are going to be much higher and more severe than were projected earlier. Time for everyone at risk to double check their preparations.

Sigh. I saw that they changed the predictions for this season to above normal.  Not a good feeling. Aug - Sep is the peak of hurricane season. 

So FEMA changed their flood maps.  I looked at our local city flood zone map and it doesn't list what flood zone we are now in nor does it list our evacuation zone.  Last hurricane season there was a large inaccuracy  - the news said we were in one zone and didn't need to evacuate but then we got a text alert from the city saying that if we hadn't already done so we needed to evacuate to a shelter and by that time the shelters were closed.

Truth be known, there is only one major avenue out of here northbound.  One. From the Florida Keys on up.  One.  So there is no way to swiftly evacuate millions of people safely in a small window of time. Even opening ALL lanes to travel northward and no southbound traffic.  It is impossible. They know it and other than widening that corridor which would take years, they haven't done a darn thing.  Flights out become very limited and air travel in the area eventually closes down.  BTW there are problems traveling that corridor; traffic comes to a halt and people run out of gas or no gas is available and then are trapped in their vehicles.  That is the reason so many stayed.  The other option is to travel to the opposite coast of FL, but again there is only one major avenue across.  When Irma hit she was so large that both coasts got hit. 

Hurricanes are unpredictable. You learn to dodge them the best you can.

According to climate changers we're all going to die anyways. :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Upcoming Hurricane Season
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 01:11:32 am »
Vermont and the Connecticut River Valley are getting wallopped with rain and flooding - without any organized tropical weather systems.  The flooding is being compared to the remnants of 2011 tropical system Irene.  It's all been slow moving torrential downpours from a saturated atmosphere and the mountains wringing the moisture from them.

There's plenty of energy for any system that wants to consume it.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.