Author Topic: Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen dined on psychedelic mushrooms in China: report  (Read 319 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen dined on psychedelic mushrooms in China: report
By Mary Kay Linge   
July 15, 2023 3:31pm

What a trip.

Magic mushrooms may have been to blame for Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen’s mortifying bow before a Chinese official last week.

Yellen, 76, gobbled four portions of jian shou qing, a type of wild mushroom, when she dropped in at a casual Beijing restaurant soon after she arrived there on July 6, Chinese state media reported in an effusive story that took care to praise the secretary’s chopstick skills.

But the funky fungi are known in their native province of Yunnan for their unpredictable psychedelic effects, CNN reported.

“You thought you were walking straight but you just fell sideways,” one gourmand told the Xinhua state news agency in a report about the ‘shroom’s potent powers — published only after Yellen departed.

“I have a friend who mistakenly ate them and hallucinated for three days,” Dr. Peter Mortimer, a professor at Kunming Institute of Botany, told CNN.

Yellen’s stop at an outlet of the Yi Zuo Yi Wang restaurant chain — the name means “In and Out” in English — sparked a flurry of posts on the Chinese social media network Weibo and a deluge of reservations, staffers said.

“It was an extremely magical day,” the restaurant said of the secretary’s visit.

Yellen’s long, strange trip came just days after a bag of cocaine was discovered in the White House — and before the Secret Service revealed that two stashes of marijuana turned up in the executive mansion in 2022.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/15/treasury-secretary-janet-yellen-dined-on-psychedelic-mushrooms-in-china-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

You just can't make this stuff up.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

But what if that’s what it takes to make her a semi competent Treasury Secretary? *hmmmm*
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
But what if that’s what it takes to make her a semi competent Treasury Secretary? *hmmmm*

Now I know what Chuckles consumes creating her frequent hysteria and out of control word salad; magic mushrooms.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I thought all members of the regime had to be able to handle a wide variety of substances, not just check boxes and lie like a rug. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis