Author Topic: Every 36 Million Years, The Planet’s Shifting Plates Trigger A Massive Change  (Read 472 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Every 36 Million Years, The Planet’s Shifting Plates Trigger A Massive Change
When you start to see the planet like hot soup, the cycle makes sense.
author
RACHAEL FUNNELL

Published
July 11, 2023

Tectonic shifts can pave the way for explosions of life by altering sea levels.

Every 36 million years, the planet’s marine ecosystems experience surges in biodiversity. New research has discovered the cycle is indirectly triggered by geological changes led by plate tectonics influencing sea levels, paving the way for new life to thrive.

When continents dry up and then flood again, barren stretches of land can become extensive shallow seas that are a playground for biodiversity. The change opens up new ecological niches, driving explosions of life as species evolve to be the fittest to fill the free real estate.

One way in which these periods of droughts and floods can occur comes with the shifting of Earth’s tectonic plates that force changes in sea levels. Researchers exploring the phenomenon now report they’ve identified a cycle of around 36 million years in which marine biodiversity explodes as an indirect consequence of tectonic activity.

https://www.iflscience.com/every-36-million-years-the-planets-shifting-plates-trigger-a-massive-change-69755
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Offline Kamaji

When is the next cycle supposed to take place?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Really, how the heck can we schedule by shifting tectonic plates week if we don't know when?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Lemme guess ... 2023 just happens to be the 35,999,999th year since the last one?

Insurance companies have another excuse to raise rates.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Revelation 6.
The Republic is lost.