Author Topic: THE SUPREME COURT’S GONE ROGUE AND AMERICANS ARE SUFFERING FOR IT  (Read 448 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
THE SUPREME COURT’S GONE ROGUE AND AMERICANS ARE SUFFERING FOR IT
Three illicitly appointed GOP judges sit at the heart of the court’s legitimacy crisis.
By Mitchell Zimmerman | July 12, 2023

An older generation remembers President Richard Nixon desperately insisting, during the Watergate scandal, “I am not a crook.” Along the same lines, right-wing Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett implores, “this court is not comprised of a bunch of partisan hacks.”

If you have to say it, it’s too late.

The Supreme Court is under attack these days. A solid majority of Americans disapprove of the way the court is doing its job — and rightly so. Almost two out of three Americans believe the court is mainly motivated by politics.

And they’re right.

Once the most trusted of American institutions, the Supreme Court faces a crisis of legitimacy. Central to that crisis is the fact that three members of the Republican supermajority gained their seats through anti-constitutional duplicity.

https://otherwords.org/the-supreme-courts-gone-rogue-and-americans-are-suffering-for-it/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: THE SUPREME COURT’S GONE ROGUE AND AMERICANS ARE SUFFERING FOR IT
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 08:22:49 pm »
This is nothing more than a whining screed of a man child who is upset that he’s not getting his way.

Everything he wrote  is nothing more than a whine fest.  A president gets to appoint Supreme Court justices. This idiot seems to think that, if you don’t get the popular vote, you don’t get to appoint judges.

He’s one of those “living breathing document” people when it comes to the constitution. One of those who believe that the constitution should be a document that helps with his butthurt

How would he define a court with legitimacy? One that only rules the way that satisfies his political leanings?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 08:26:35 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 09:21:18 pm »
The Supreme Court has gone WOKE, except say political, and the democrats are viciously attacking the Supreme Court for not bending to the will of the WOKE.
Am i surprised?  Not even a little damn bit!
 :tongue2: :silly: :tongue2:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 10:53:14 pm »
The Supreme Court has gone WOKE, except say political, and the democrats are viciously attacking the Supreme Court for not bending to the will of the WOKE.

:tongue2: :silly: :tongue2:

@christian

Maybe,with a little bit of luck,this will drive some of them to suicide.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2023, 01:24:43 am »
Actually, the headline seems to me to be a description of the SCOTUS of yore that gave us Dred Scott, Plessy v. Furgeson, Wicker v. Filburn, Reynolds v. Sims, and Roe v. Wade.  We finally, for the first time in living memory have a court that hasn't gone rogue and is doing it's job of interpreting the Constitution and laws according to their plain meanings, rather than usurping the role of Congress and the legislatures of the several states by stretching the meaning of the Constitution and laws to effectively write new laws.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2023, 03:17:32 am »
What a bunch of bullshit.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2023, 03:58:50 am »
If you read the article, the author is claiming that Bush was not lawfully elected, and that Roberts and Alito therefore are illegitimate justices.  He's gone full election-denialism!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2023, 11:06:08 am »
If you read the article, the author is claiming that Bush was not lawfully elected, and that Roberts and Alito therefore are illegitimate justices.  He's gone full election-denialism!

He also appears to be claiming that, because Trump was elected through the EC, a way that we constitutionally elect presidents, his Supreme Court appointments were also illegitimate

He is a big-time election denier
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy