Author Topic: GEN Brown Cares More For Promotion And Pay For Generals Than About The Country  (Read 113 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
GEN Brown Cares More For Promotion And Pay For Generals Than About The Country
By John Hughes
July 14, 2023

Public Domain
GEN Brown Cares More for Promotion and Pay for Generals Than About the Country

At confirmation hearings this past week to possibly become Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, GEN Charles Brown warned Republicans to not hold up promotion lists because “We will lose talent.” He provided little discussion regarding the issues for delaying the promotion list.

Commissioned in 1984 as an F-16 pilot with over 3,000 flying hours, many in combat, Brown rose through the ranks of the Air Force. By all accounts, he had a very successful career…to a point. In 2020, he became the USAF’s first Black service chief. It is said that a commander is responsible for all his/her unit does and fails to do. So, what exactly has GEN Brown presided over during his tenure as the Chief of Staff of the Air Force?

Technology failures: Despite being an advocate for technology, the USAF is still far behind Russia and China in hypersonic missile technology. The USAF budget for 2023 is $190B, which is more than the entire defense budgets of every country in the world except China ($234B). Recall Brown is known for his advocacy for advanced technology and has 3 years to influence this.

https://armedforces.press/gen-brown-cares-more-for-promotion-and-pay-for-generals-than-about-the-country/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson