Author Topic: Trump: Nominating Wray ‘Probably Was’ a Mistake, Christie Recommended Him  (Read 501 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Nominating Wray ‘Probably Was’ a Mistake, Christie Recommended Him

Ian Hanchett 14 Jul 2023

During a portion of an interview set to air on Sunday’s broadcast of the Fox Business Network’s “Sunday Morning Futures” that was aired on Friday’s broadcast of FBN’s “Mornings with Maria,” 2024 presidential candidate former President Donald Trump stated that “it probably was” a mistake for him to nominate Christopher Wray to be FBI Director during his term and Wray “was recommended very strongly” by 2024 GOP rival former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

Host Maria Bartiromo introduced the clip of the interview by stating, “President Trump reacting to this week’s Judiciary Committee hearing with FBI Director Christopher Wray. I spoke with the 45th President…we started our conversation with a look at the upcoming debate and whether he will participate, and I got his reaction to the FBI Director defending [against] the charges of weaponization and [politicization] at the FBI.”

In the segment, she asked, “Was it a mistake to put Christopher Wray there? I mean, obviously, the FBI is not following any of the things that you’re talking about.”

Trump responded, “Yeah, sadly, it probably was. You know, he was recommended very strongly by Chris Christie, who’s a sad case. I mean, I watch him. He’s a sad case.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/07/14/trump-nominating-wray-probably-was-a-mistake-christie-recommended-him/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The proper answer would have been Yes! I made a terrible mistake based on some very bad advice and, I assure you, it won't happen again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
A good majority of people Trump picked were a mistake, including the people he actually listened to.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The biggest mistake was GOP primary voters picking Trump himself in 2016....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I never voted for Trump in 2016 but would have crawled a mile over broken glass to vote FOR him in 2020. And before you ask, because HE exposed the DC swamp for what it is like no one before or since. @Maj. Bill Martin

Edit to add: I'm nearly 75 years old and have voted FOR exactly two presidential candidates in my entire lifetime. Ronald Wilson Reagan and Donald John Trump. Never missed voting in any election since I became eligible but always had to vote for the lesser evil except for those noted.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 03:16:21 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The proper answer would have been Yes! I made a terrible mistake based on some very bad advice and, I assure you, it won't happen again!

FLASHBACK: Rand Paul was the only Republican who opposed confirming Christopher Wray as FBI Director

In 2017, every Democratic senator but five voted to confirm Wray. Every Republican but one did the same: Sen. Rand Paul.

Prior to Wray becoming head of the FBI five years ago, only one U.S. senator in history had voted against a new director for the agency: Sen. Paul in 2013, when he gave the sole no vote against confirming James Comey.

More: https://www.based-politics.com/2023/05/21/flashback-rand-paul-was-the-only-republican-who-opposed-confirming-christopher-wray-as-fbi-director/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I never voted for Trump in 2016 but would have crawled a mile over broken glass to vote FOR him in 2020. And before you ask, because HE exposed the DC swamp for what it is like no one before or since. @Maj. Bill Martin

Edit to add: I'm nearly 75 years old and have voted FOR exactly two presidential candidates in my entire lifetime. Ronald Wilson Reagan and Donald John Trump. Never missed voting in any election since I became eligible but always had to vote for the lesser evil except for those noted.

I did not vote for him in the 2016 primary, but I did vote for him in the 2016 and 2020 general elections.  I still wish we'd have nominated someone different in 2016, though.

Ron DeSantis
@GovRonDeSantis

Christopher Wray is talented, capable & highly respected. POTUS has made an inspired choice & I look forward to working with Director Wray.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·Jun 7, 2017

I will be nominating Christopher A. Wray, a man of impeccable credentials, to be the new Director of the FBI. Details to follow.

9:28 AM · Jun 7, 2017

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/872445269983547392

What an odd statement.  You consider picking the only candidate who could break through the blue wall a mistake.  Personally, I consider it inspired.

Offline LMAO

Rand Paul should consider running. The Republican 2024 presidential campaign is starting to become a tragedy. Not that things are any better on the Democrat side.

His father can be a little off target on some issues, but I did support his father, also. I wrote his dad’s name in for president in 2008.

I may just do a write in for Rand Paul for president in 2024
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 09:44:49 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Rand Paul should consider running. The Republican 2024 presidential campaign is starting to become a tragedy. Not that things are any better on the Democrat side.

His father can be a little off target on some issues, but I did support his father, also. I wrote his dad’s name in for president in 2008.

I don't know what the rules are in your state but writing in a candidate's name does not necessarily mean that the vote will count. Some states require write-in candidates to file paperwork before the election.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LMAO

I don't know what the rules are in your state but writing in a candidate's name does not necessarily mean that the vote will count. Some states require write-in candidates to file paperwork before the election.

Wisc is similar. You can write in a candidate, but I think there is a list of those write ins that have registered.

I know my write in candidate won’t count. But as of now, it doesn’t look like the Republicans are going to take the White House in 2024 anyways. May be better luck in 2028.

I will be voting for a republican candidates down ticket, though.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

There are damn few I would vote for out-of-hand... Rand Paul would be one of em.

Offline LMAO

There are damn few I would vote for out-of-hand... Rand Paul would be one of em.

Absolutely

I first heard about Ron Paul around 2003. Bought his book.

How in the hell does a state that votes for Rand Paul for their senator also vote for Mitch McConnell?

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

Trump is a mistake.