Author Topic: Murphy gives billion dollar bailout to foreign offshore wind farm company  (Read 286 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
filed:  July 14, 2023 • New Jersey
Murphy gives billion dollar bailout to foreign offshore wind farm company 
Credit:  By Robert Walker | July 12, 2023 | shorenewsnetwork.com ~~

Translate:  FROM English | TO English

New Jersey has recently faced controversy and concerns over a decision to provide a $1 billion bailout to Ørsted, a Danish wind developer, for their offshore wind project. The move has drawn criticism from some politicians and sparked discussions about the cost implications for New Jersey ratepayers.

Under the agreement, New Jersey families and businesses have been experiencing increased electricity bills to support the development of offshore wind farms, detractors claim.

Ørsted was expected to reimburse ratepayers to offset the rising utility costs. However, the company reportedly threatened to abandon their offshore wind project unless they were allowed to retain the $1 billion bailout funds.

Critics, including Republican Senator Ed Durr and Senator Michael Testa, have raised concerns about the economic impact on New Jerseyans. They argue that the decision represents corporate welfare and that wind farm projects should not rely heavily on government subsidies.

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2023/07/14/murphy-gives-billion-dollar-bailout-to-foreign-offshore-wind-farm-company/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I hope you Garden Staters are thrilled with your Governor! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson