Author Topic: It’s not the climate, it’s the fuel  (Read 296 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It’s not the climate, it’s the fuel
« on: July 15, 2023, 12:54:48 pm »
It’s not the climate, it’s the fuel
By Jason Hayes |July 14th, 2023

Wildfires are being drawn inexorably into the climate change hysteria as dueling experts seek to explain the warm, dry weather we have experienced this year.

One recent article correctly moved past the climate concerns to explain how “The truth about forest fires goes up in climate-change smoke.” The author, Ross McKitrick, a professor of environmental economics at the University of Guelph, Ontario, gets it right when he describes how the number of wildfires and area burned have trended down over the past few decades in Canadian forests. He uses numbers from the Canadian Wildland Fire Information System.

“Wildfires have been getting less frequent in Canada over the past 30 years,” McKitrick writes. “The annual number of fires grew from 1959 to 1990, peaking in 1989 at just over 12,000 that year, and has been trending down since. From 2017 to 2021 (the most recent interval available), there were about 5,500 fires per year, half the average from 1987 to 1991.”

https://www.cfact.org/2023/07/14/its-not-the-climate-its-the-fuel/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: It’s not the climate, it’s the fuel
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 12:58:16 pm »
It's like blaming guns, which will sit idle for centuries, being blamed for shootings.  They won't fire until a human pulls the trigger.  But humans aren't blamed, guns are.  It's political, not scientific. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: It’s not the climate, it’s the fuel
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 01:56:22 pm »
Of course wildfires are getting less frequent.
You can only burn it off once then you have to wait for it to grow back.

Heavy smoke in West Dakota yesterday, again...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis