Author Topic: Concerns Over Interstellar SUVs: Greenhouse Gas Fears Reach a Cosmic Scale  (Read 189 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Concerns Over Interstellar SUVs: Greenhouse Gas Fears Reach a Cosmic Scale
19 hours ago Charles Rotter

In a leap of research audacity that would leave even Jules Verne agog, esteemed “researchers” have now extended their climate change theories beyond the confines of our blue planet, reaching out into the unknown, the unexplored – the realm of exoplanets. It seems that even hypothetical alien territories are not spared from the fretful narrative of carbon footprints.

A study conducted by Hebrew University of Jerusalem, The University of Maryland, College Park, and the Barcelona Supercomputing Center, ventured into the potential effects of greenhouse gas supplements on both Earth and, rather startlingly, “temperate terrestrial exoplanets.” The research points to a parallel relationship between CO2 supplement and intensified warming in non-irradiated regions, impacting global circulation patterns.

By employing ExoCAM and CMIP6 model simulations, these intrepid researchers found that the addition of CO2 to an atmosphere leads to increased warming in areas that are conveniently shielded from direct sunlight. These localized temperature changes could apparently bring about significant alterations in global circulation, even on an exoplanet located light years away.

Quite a fascinating leap, one must admit, applying terrestrial conclusions on climate dynamics to an extraterrestrial body based on hypothetical models. Makes one wonder about the broad brushstrokes being used here in the intricate artwork of climate science.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/07/14/concerns-over-interstellar-suvs-greenhouse-gas-fears-reach-a-cosmic-scale/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson