Author Topic: Wow, Just Wow – Presidential Candidate Mike Pence Says a Collapsing USA is Not His Concern, Supporti  (Read 4068 times)

Offline libertybele

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/07/14/wow-just-wow-presidential-candidate-mike-pence-says-a-collapsing-usa-is-not-his-concern-supporting-ukraine-is-priority/

bleep this POS neocon.

WTF??? Seriously???  Well, obviously as President his top concern wouldn't be the U.S.A. nor Americans.  I never liked him and like him even less now.  I truly think this is who the GOPe would like to see as the party nominee.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Pence signifies the concept of "grasping for relevance", when one no longer has any...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't even understand how it is possible for someone to be  THAT big a fool.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's like Pence and Christie are trying to outdo each other in swampiness.
The Republic is lost.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Pence trying to make Republicans look as worthless as democrats.  Pence postures how woke he can be, like the worst of the democrats.  Pence has been a wolf is sheeps clothing for a long time.  Easy to see why he stabbed Trump in the back, then believed he was entitled to run as President.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

It's like Pence and Christie are trying to outdo each other in swampiness.

Lurch has the jelly doughnut boy beat.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

That was Trump's pick for VP...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Did anyone watch the actual clip for context, or is everyone just going off how it was characterized by the nuts at the Conservative Treehouse?

Because I having a hard time believing Pence would actually say just "a collapsing USA is not my concern" without any further context.

I'm going to see if I can find a more full clip or transcript somewhere else because I refuse to give those dirtbags a click.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 12:48:23 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

Did anyone watch the actual clip for context, or is everyone just going off how it was characterized by the nuts at the Conservative Treehouse?

Because I having a hard time believing Pence would actually say just "a collapsing USA is not my concern" without any further context.

I'm going to see if I can find a more full clip or transcript somewhere else because I refuse to give those dirtbags a click.

@Maj. Bill Martin  you bring up a very valid point  - here is the video of Pence as far as I can tell, he did not use those exact words but he did say America is not his concern-- then there is a rant by someone about Trump -- so I'm not sure if the video was edited???

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/07/14/wow-just-wow-presidential-candidate-mike-pence-says-a-collapsing-usa-is-not-his-concern-supporting-ukraine-is-priority/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=wow-just-wow-presidential-candidate-mike-pence-says-a-collapsing-usa-is-not-his-concern-supporting-ukraine-is-priority

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Let it burn.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Maj. Bill Martin  you bring up a very valid point  - here is the video of Pence as far as I can tell, he did not use those exact words but he did say America is not his concern-- then there is a rant by someone about Trump -- so I'm not sure if the video was edited???

The kindest interpretation of what Pence said is he wasn't clear.  But, he does say "it's not my concern" twice and this is the clip that will keep him at 2% in the polls.

https://rumble.com/embed/v2xh7d8/?pub=4

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/07/14/wow-just-wow-presidential-candidate-mike-pence-says-a-collapsing-usa-is-not-his-concern-supporting-ukraine-is-priority/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=wow-just-wow-presidential-candidate-mike-pence-says-a-collapsing-usa-is-not-his-concern-supporting-ukraine-is-priority

Ugh -- I watched it, which means I gave a click to the Conservative Treehouse.  I need to take an acid shower to wash off the stench.  Anyway....

If you listed to the entire clip -- which I'm willing to bet most don't -- what Pence is saying is very clear in context.  He thinks Carlson is presenting a false dichotomy -- that you can either 1) help Ukraine or 2) fix what's wrong domestically in the U.S..  Pence expressly stated that he thinks we can do both, and goes into some detail about the things wrong with the country and how he'd like to fix them.  So, his point was that he isn't concerned about fixing the U.S. in the context of helping Ukraine because we can do both.  He's rejecting the false either/or argument Tucker is making.

That being said, this clip is just another example of why I despise Tucker.  He makes a really big deal about of Pence's statement about giving tanks to Ukraine -- as if that action somehow weakens the U.S..  What Tucker almost certainly knows but ignores is that the tanks we are giving to the Ukrainians are an export model that lacks the most up to date technology that our own tanks have.  And that's because we won't give the Ukrainians any of our own frontline tanks.

Tucker is a smart dude and surely has done his research and knows that.  But he also knows that most of his audience doesn't know that, so he can get them outraged about something that he knows isn't really what he's presenting it to be.

I just despise that tactic of deliberately misleading people.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I have never been a Pence fan, far from it.... but I think he was pointing out that Carson is a Trump view upholder (Trump wants to keep out of Ukraine). I am sorta half and half.... Russia had no right to invade. They do need to be kept in check, yet I fully understand the not wanting to just throw money away due to bureaucrats ruining war timing.

I like Carson, but with a huge (and growing) grain of salt, I don't like his Trump Rumping. There is a reason RiV is a big Carson fan. Carson is turning into a political hack for Trump.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 07:41:09 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Ugh -- I watched it, which means I gave a click to the Conservative Treehouse.  I need to take an acid shower to wash off the stench.  Anyway....

If you listed to the entire clip -- which I'm willing to bet most don't -- what Pence is saying is very clear in context.  He thinks Carlson is presenting a false dichotomy -- that you can either 1) help Ukraine or 2) fix what's wrong domestically in the U.S..  Pence expressly stated that he thinks we can do both, and goes into some detail about the things wrong with the country and how he'd like to fix them.  So, his point was that he isn't concerned about fixing the U.S. in the context of helping Ukraine because we can do both.  He's rejecting the false either/or argument Tucker is making.

That being said, this clip is just another example of why I despise Tucker.  He makes a really big deal about of Pence's statement about giving tanks to Ukraine -- as if that action somehow weakens the U.S..  What Tucker almost certainly knows but ignores is that the tanks we are giving to the Ukrainians are an export model that lacks the most up to date technology that our own tanks have.  And that's because we won't give the Ukrainians any of our own frontline tanks.

Tucker is a smart dude and surely has done his research and knows that.  But he also knows that most of his audience doesn't know that, so he can get them outraged about something that he knows isn't really what he's presenting it to be.

I just despise that tactic of deliberately misleading people.

Agreed 100%  Pence's words are being twisted and taken wholly out of context by the largely worthless Treehouse.  And you're spot on about Tucker.  He's completely dishonest about all things involving the Russia-Ukraine War.  Not sure if the Kremlin is slipping him $$$$$ under the table or not, but his support for Russia in general, Putin in particular, is weird, to say the least.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

As is to be expected, there are differing interpretations of the Pence interview.
Philip Melanchthon Wegmann
@PhilipWegmann
Pence did not say that he wasn't concerned about America. Pence was rejecting Tucker's characterization that he cared more Ukraine than America.

Full transcript here:

2:48 PM · Jul 14, 2023
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 12:33:00 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline MOD3

Moved to 2024 category

Agreed 100%  Pence's words are being twisted and taken wholly out of context by the largely worthless Treehouse. 

It's not just the Conservative Treehouse.  This was the initial universal reaction.

You never look at your watch during a townhall debate and the first words of an answer to an interviewer's question about a national problem is never, ever "it's not my concern" ---- especially repeated twice to reinforce it.  Nothing else is heard or remembered.

Offline kevindavis007

Pence trying to make Republicans look as worthless as democrats.  Pence postures how woke he can be, like the worst of the democrats.  Pence has been a wolf is sheeps clothing for a long time.  Easy to see why he stabbed Trump in the back, then believed he was entitled to run as President.
More like Trump and his minions
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

To me, a dead giveaway that this is not really about money is that Tucker spends orders of magnitude less time talking about the trillions in other wasteful Biden spending, much of which promotes leftist causes.  Why doesn't he go off on any of that spending, especially since there is so massively much more of it?  Why is he so focused on the money that helps Ukraine?

Just yesterday, Biden forgave nearly 40 billion in student debt. That's more than half the amount we've actually sent to Ukraine during this entire war. Yet, Tucker has spent uncounted hours ranting against the cost of the Ukraine war, but will say virtually nothing g about this $40B.  And that's because it really isn't about the money for him.

For a lot of people, I know it's about the money.  But that's not where Tucker is coming from, and never has been.   For him, it is an affirmative desire for the Russian conquest of Ukraine to succeed.  That's the only rational explanation for why he cares so much about that spending in particular.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 01:17:40 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

For a lot of people, I know it's about the money.  But that's not where Tucker is coming from, and never has been.   For him, it is an affirmative desire for the Russian conquest of Ukraine to succeed.

This is unmitigated bullshit.

DC_Draino
@DC_Draino

Quotes that tanked POTUS campaigns:

“Deplorables” - Hillary Clinton

“My job is not to listen to 47% of the country” - Mitt Romney

“You need $5 million to be rich” - John McCain

“That’s not my concern” - Mike Pence

2:44 PM · Jul 14, 2023

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Wrong! He said the cities are not his concern. He is right the cities is not a federal issue!
Exactly true. THe cities are not the Federal Government's purview. Trump did not send in troops, 'W' could not send in the National Guard (Katrina), for the same reason. 

They have to be requested by the local government.

Without that request, were troops to be sent in so long as the local/State governments are maintaining some semblance of 'function', that Federal incursion would be the very sort of Federal totalitarianism we eschew, whether we agree with its premise or not.

No matter what steps the Federal Government takes or has taken, the Democrat Demographics of cities run their own show, no matter how deep or smelly it gets, only constrained by the Bill of Rights and SCOTUS when applied.

The POTUS has little say in that hot mess.

But this also brings up a point made often in this forum, that the Promises get in the papers today, but delivery on those promises is seriously lagging. Recall the Migs the Poles donated to the Ukrainian cause, not released to the Ukraine, left sitting on a US airbase for optics. Today they announce billions in aid, and when the trickle down is done, I would wager much of that gets intercepted before a cartridge crosses the line. Which has brought many to the conclusion that this is a conflict being managed, and in such a way as to prolong it for the purposes of 1: increased materiel deliveries over the long term, which will ultimately result in fresh stores for NATO countries and enormous contracts for the Military Industrial Complex...and more complete devastation for Ukraine and other territory fought over, leading to lucrative opportunities for everyone from those agencies and officials, official government and NGO dispensing the funds to skim them, and enormous contracts for the actual rebuilding.

If fifty cents of those announced dollars reaches its purported destination, it will be a miracle.

In contrast, providing the materiel for a faster decisive victory in a timely fashion would shorten that money train.

In all this, Pence is correct, or at least more so than is being portrayed, but for me, his actions on 1/6, failing to call for objections to electoral votes (which was the only way to pull the maggoty mess of the swing states into the spotlight), is and remains the deal breaker.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 01:48:11 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

But that's not where Tucker is coming from, and never has been.   For him, it is an affirmative desire for the Russian conquest of Ukraine to succeed.
What an ignorant comment.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org