Author Topic: Maybelline under fire for using bearded model in ad after Dylan Mulvaney flap  (Read 1089 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Maybelline under fire for using bearded model in ad after Dylan Mulvaney flap
By Shannon Thaler   
July 13, 2023 1:17pm Updated

Maybelline is under fire again for hiring a bearded makeup artist to star in its latest ad — just weeks after the brand fielded calls for boycotts over tapping Dylan Mulvaney to promote its concealer.

Maybelline — the world’s largest cosmetics brand — posted an Amazon Prime Day advert, and it stars mustachioed, bearded and bald influencer Ryan Vita.

In the ad, Vita sports a full face of makeup and a beaded barette in his beard while applying bright pink shades of Maybelline’s “Super Stay” liquid lipstick.

[img width=400https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2023/07/NYPICHPDPICT000013996672.png[/img]http://Maybelline is facing fierce backlash for posting an advertisement starring Ryan Vita — a mustachioed, bearded and bald beauty influencer — who’s seen applying bright pink shades of the brand’s liquid lipstick.

The ad’s comment section is flooded with users who are outraged by the casting and announcing that they’ll no longer be buying Maybelline products.Instagram/Maybelline

He then blows a kiss, showing that no gloss has tranferred onto his hand.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/07/13/maybelline-under-fire-for-using-bearded-ryan-vita-in-ad/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Kamaji

You have got to be kidding me.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
These people seem to misunderstand how capitalism works. There is no gun to these biological women's heads to stop them from dropping Maybelline like a hot rock.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

These people seem to misunderstand how capitalism works. There is no gun to these biological women's heads to stop them from dropping Maybelline like a hot rock.

Capitalism also works when customers convey their preferences - including their dislikes - to a business in hopes that the business will alter its conduct, which is what these Maybelline customers are doing.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah. No. I don't get it. Not that I have any use for cosmetics, but Really?

It's like a rip tide of stupid out there.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Well, RATS!
I had hunted around for a mascara that doesn’t clump, doesn’t slide off and doesn’t break the bank. Found a Maybelline product that worked and have been using it for the past 6 months or so.
Guess the hunt will start up again. Sigh.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Kamaji

Well, RATS!
I had hunted around for a mascara that doesn’t clump, doesn’t slide off and doesn’t break the bank. Found a Maybelline product that worked and have been using it for the past 6 months or so.

Write in to them first (or as well) and express your displeasure and your intention to find another product.

Offline Polly Ticks

Well, RATS!

Let me know if you find something.  :(
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I find when having my period I tend to like lighter lipstick and dark, even black, nail polish.
These guys wearing makeup does not bother me, because they are not pretending to be women.
The problem with the Dylan guy is that he is 'mocking', even ridiculing, women as if they are all ditzy airheads.
Dylan acts much more like Richard Simmons than any "real" authentic woman.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

Capitalism also works when customers convey their preferences - including their dislikes - to a business in hopes that the business will alter its conduct, which is what these Maybelline customers are doing.
Yes. We need to be even more vocal these days.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Yes. We need to be even more vocal these days.

:thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

I find when having my period I tend to like lighter lipstick and dark, even black, nail polish.
These guys wearing makeup does not bother me, because they are not pretending to be women.
The problem with the Dylan guy is that he is 'mocking', even ridiculing, women as if they are all ditzy airheads.
Dylan acts much more like Richard Simmons than any "real" authentic woman.
Indeed. They're all (and I include drag queens) mocking, belittling and demeaning women. They certainly are not expressing anything positive about us.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Indeed. They're all (and I include drag queens) mocking, belittling and demeaning women. They certainly are not expressing anything positive about us.

That is very true.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

We have to stand strong. Together we will get women's status back as women. Which has been been taken and usurped by this current transgender fad. Transgender by definition cannot last. It cannot replace women with men. It simply does not work by the laws of nature.

There is some very wealthy, very powerful force out there somewhere which is attempting to erase women. This effort, no matter how powerful cannot succeed. It is doomed to failure by all the definitions of simple reality. They can destroy women's sports. They can destroy women's privacy in bathrooms and locker rooms. But in the long term, it is all some kind of twisted joke. In ten years, society will look back at us and wonder, 'What the crazy hell was going on back then?' I don't know what a woman is ... are you retarded!?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

Let me know if you find something.  :(

Morphe "Make It Big Mascara" - you can find it at Ulta in either a trial size or regular size. I started with the trial size and loved it so I bought the regular size.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Polly Ticks

Morphe "Make It Big Mascara" - you can find it at Ulta in either a trial size or regular size. I started with the trial size and loved it so I bought the regular size.

Thanks.  I'll try it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There's a reason for the beard. It's all part of the subversion.

The beard is an inherently masculine feature. So when the alphabet-soup lobby starts promoting bearded men dressing femininely, it's deliberately trying to trigger, then break down, the inherent revulsion it triggers. If the bearded man is bald, even better. I'm convinced the current wave started a few years ago with a guy named Jonathan Van Ness, born into a media empire, who earned a reputation for erratic behavior (which he blamed on being abused by a pedophile in his childhood) from a young age. The money quote from Van Ness: "Any opportunity I have to break down stereotypes of the binary, I am down for it, I'm here for it."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

The beard is an inherently masculine feature. So when the alphabet-soup lobby starts promoting bearded men dressing femininely, it's deliberately trying to trigger, then break down, the inherent revulsion it triggers. If the bearded man is bald, even better. I'm convinced the current wave started a few years ago with a guy named Jonathan Van Ness, born into a media empire, who earned a reputation for erratic behavior (which he blamed on being abused by a pedophile in his childhood) from a young age. The money quote from Van Ness: "Any opportunity I have to break down stereotypes of the binary, I am down for it, I'm here for it."

Good point @jmyrlefuller  Years ago it was revolting to see tatoos on women, now it is commonplace as well as children out of wedlock, cohabitation without marriage, inter racial couples, gay marriages, etc.  We as a society are becoming desensitized to all the offensive minority practices.  The moral decay of our society is shameful.  Interesting though that the BudLight fiasco hasn't really made a dent with other companies and their bombardment of wokeness.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 03:52:08 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline The_Reader_David

Yeah. No. I don't get it. Not that I have any use for cosmetics, but Really?

It's like a rip tide of stupid out there.

Really?  After seeing that you're not moved to run out and buy brightly colored Maybelline lipstick for your own use? /sarcasm
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Really?  After seeing that you're not moved to run out and buy brightly colored Maybelline lipstick for your own use? /sarcasm
Not one to leave messages on restroom mirrors, so, no. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup: