Author Topic: Japan Ramps Up Its Military Amid Rising Fears of Chinese Invasion of Taiwan  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Japan Ramps Up Its Military Amid Rising Fears of Chinese Invasion of Taiwan
CHUCK HOLTON
07-12-2023

TOKYO, Japan – Amid rising tensions over a possible Chinese invasion of Taiwan, the Japanese are building up their armed forces.

CBN News traveled to a Japanese island hot spot with an uncertain future where Japanese and American troops are preparing for war. The joint military exercises, which took place here in June, are the largest held on Japanese soil since World War II. 

Increasing threats from China have the entire Pacific rim worried the Red Army could soon move on Taiwan, less than 140 miles from Japan's shores.

In the same area, Chinese Coast Guard ships have been encroaching on Japanese waters almost weekly, and to counter this threat, U.S., Japanese, and Philippine Coast Guard ships recently held maneuvers of their own.

https://www2.cbn.com/news/world/japan-ramps-its-military-amid-rising-fears-chinese-invasion-taiwan
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson