Author Topic: How the Air Force ran short of money for personnel  (Read 129 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How the Air Force ran short of money for personnel
« on: July 14, 2023, 02:39:42 pm »
How the Air Force ran short of money for personnel
The Air Force is running low on money for bonuses and permanent change of station moves.

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED JUL 13, 2023 2:48 PM EDT

The Air Force has suspended reenlistment and retention bonuses and delayed permanent change of station moves because its personnel budget is running out of money.

“The funding shortfall resulted from higher than expected PCS [permanent change of station] costs as a result of inflation and the addition of recruiting and retention bonuses,” Air Force spokeswoman Ann Stefanek told Task & Purpose.

The Air Force has suspended its selective reenlistment bonus program for Fiscal Year 2023 as of July 11, an Air Force news release says. Airmen who are eligible for the bonus but are scheduled to leave the service before Oct. 1 are encouraged to extend their time in the Air Force so that they can collect the bonus next fiscal year.

In another move, the Air Force has also suspended its Legacy Aviation Bonus Program, which increased the maximum amount of money offered to retain eligible pilots from $35,000 to $50,000.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/air-force-personnel-budget-shortfall/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: How the Air Force ran short of money for personnel
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 02:40:53 pm »
And the AF Chief of Staff is Brandon's nominee for Chairman of the Joint Chiefs? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson