Author Topic: Federal Agencies Using Just 25 Percent of Their Office Space, Watchdog Reveals  (Read 451 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Federal Agencies Using Just 25 Percent of Their Office Space, Watchdog Reveals
Remote work policies lead to massive waste of government property

Charles Hilu   
July 13, 2023

Federal agencies are using only a quarter of their available office space due to the growing number of government workers working from home, a federal watchdog revealed Thursday.

The Government Accountability Office cited remote work as a reason for the massive underutilization of office space it found in its investigation of 24 federal agencies. All agencies reviewed reported that their in-office workforce does not meet pre-pandemic levels, and not a single one utilizes more than 49 percent of the space it uses taxpayer money to rent and buy.

Some agencies reported usage as low as 9 percent, Rep. Scott Perry (R., Pa.) revealed in a Thursday hearing on the report.

"Low building utilization has significant costs, both to the government and to the American taxpayer," said David Marroni, acting director of the Government Accountability Office’s physical infrastructure team. "Every dollar an agency spends on unneeded space is a dollar that can’t be used for other priorities."

more
https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/federal-agencies-using-just-25-percent-of-their-office-space-watchdog-reveals/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Time to start cutting back on the R/E portfolio.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Just one more small example of the rampant waste in OUR federal government.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

We could eliminate fully half the federal workforce without missing a step. (Okay, keep all military below the rank of Captain, but the rest ...)
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
We could eliminate fully half the federal workforce without missing a step. (Okay, keep all military below the rank of Captain, but the rest ...)

:yowsa: pointing-up

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Gotta keep those empty buildings so they can justify their big budgets.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

This idiotic government will gladly continue to pay massively inflated rents on vacant space, just because they can.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Gotta keep those empty buildings so they can justify their big budgets.

Yep! Just like the have to keep all those people on various payrolls so they can justify their exorbitant salaries.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep! Just like the have to keep all those people on various payrolls so they can justify their exorbitant salaries.
Considering your importance is determined by the size of your department and not necessarily its mission, yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis