Author Topic: Solar Farm Opposition: Rejoinder to Giberson (2)  (Read 174 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Solar Farm Opposition: Rejoinder to Giberson (2)
« on: July 14, 2023, 12:11:26 pm »
Solar Farm Opposition: Rejoinder to Giberson (2)
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- July 6, 2023

“If local government stops destructive intervention emanating from above, so be it. Free-market advocates have noted the advantages of local, decentralized government to this end.”

“Are you just interested in private property rights to help Energy Leviathan? Does your standard also oppose mandatory open access, gas-appliance bans, and other violations of liberty in the name of climate alarmism/forced energy transformation?”

Should neighbors and local government work to nix government-enabled projects on private land, particularly a project that harms the locals as taxpayers and ratepayers; and harms the neighbors with lower property values and nuisances. Giberson says: No matter; private property rights shield all. I say: citizens and neighbors and local government have every right to try to stop Energy Leviathan.

https://www.masterresource.org/giberson-michael/solar-farm-opposition-rejoinder-to-giberson-2/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson