Author Topic: 500,000 Tires Found Sitting Off Florida Coast At The Bottom Of The Ocean  (Read 217 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

500,000 Tires Found Sitting Off Florida Coast At The Bottom Of The Ocean
Story by Tyler Connaghan • Wednesday

Off the coast of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, divers can find what might be the most uniquely horrifying environmental experiments we’ve ever created. The Osborne Reef was constructed in the 1970s and was made to be an artificial reef for nearby marine life to grow on. Scientists at the time thought that it was a good idea to try and copy the beneficial aspects of coral reefs by trying to recreate one with hundreds of thousands of old tires.

Unfortunately, they must have never assumed that this would eventually become one of the biggest environmental mishaps in U.S. history.

Since the coral reef was built, many groups have tried tirelessly to clean the mess up. Even the U.S. Military has gotten in on the cleaning attempts. However, there hasn’t been much success.

So where did this monstrosity come from?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/500-000-tires-found-sitting-off-florida-coast-at-the-bottom-of-the-ocean/ar-AA1dMqP8?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=853d8fd58a2f451fb78dc8660b2c63e7&ei=40
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It makes me think of the of Biden administration considering blocking the sun to "cool the earth?" :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson