Author Topic: Turns out all we may need to stop climate change is 139 billion gallons of super-duper white paint  (Read 415 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Turns out all we may need to stop climate change is 139 billion gallons of super-duper white paint
Story by cgaines@businessinsider.com (Cork Gaines) • Yesterday 2:46 PM

According to one professor, we can stop global warming if we used a new super white paint.

The problem though, is we would need to cover at least 1% of the earth's surface with the paint.

That won't be easy, especially with all that water everywhere.

I hope Purdue University is ready for this incoming order.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/turns-out-all-we-may-need-to-stop-climate-change-is-139-billion-gallons-of-super-duper-white-paint/ar-AA1dPrk8?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=853d8fd58a2f451fb78dc8660b2c63e7&ei=16
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Call Sherwin-Williams and have 'em change it from red to white:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Heard dumping iron in the oceans could do it too.

Online Kamaji

Offline The_Reader_David

Okay the title is dumb.  But there's a serious issue here.  The climate alarmists have cynically harnessed the urban heat island effect when building their models.  They have used data from urban and suburban areas world-wide in preference to data from rural areas, even though development in those areas -- more pavement, more roofs (esp. dark roofs),... -- has created warming effects unrelated to greenhouse gasses, then claimed this proves that greenhouse gas emissions are warming the Earth.

The Purdue paint, deployed widely on flat-roofed buildings, where no one will notice it, and in places where white is a good color choice, would diminish the urban heat island effect.

If there were honest scientists studying the effects of human activity on the earth's climate, rather than ideologues and the herd-animal type scientist who just runs the same direction everyone else is, because that's where the grants are, they'd be trying to tease out how much of our impact on the climate is due to greenhouse gasses, how much to the generation of soot which decreases the albedo of ice packs, how much to the aggregate urban heat island effect (and more diffuse versions of the same caused by other changes in land uses).

It might be that blunting the urban heat island effect would turn out to actually be what is needed, rather than "decarbonizing" the energy economy, but without honest science, or the natural experiment of lots of people using the Purdue paint, we won't know.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.