Author Topic: Why did Trump SuperPAC secretly pay Melania $155,000 in 2021?  (Read 317 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Shady stuff.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/07/14/why-did-trump-superpac-secretly-pay-melania-155000-in-2021-n564535

There is nothing illegal about this, apparently, but Trump SuperPAC Make America Great Again, Again (which ceased operations and transferred its remaining funds to Make America Great Again, Inc.), paid Melania Trump $155,000 in late 2021 for a speaking engagement.

It hid the payments to Mrs. Trump as two separate payments to a corporation, which then transferred the money to Melania Trump. The payments came to light this year in a federal filing for Trump’s campaign yesterday.

This is probably not what donors to the group would have expected would be done with their contributions. I don’t know about you, but I would neither expect a billionaire to be seeking donations to fund his lifestyle nor would I expect the wife of a candidate to charge $155,000 to give a speech to supporters of her husband.

But that’s just me, I guess. I wouldn’t buy NFTs of the candidate appearing as a superhero either, but somebody did.

I hope they didn’t pay $155,000 for any of them. I don’t think that is a price the resale market can bear.

EXCERPT

Ties in with the discussion the other day about why Trump wants or needs donations.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Kamaji

Re: Why did Trump SuperPAC secretly pay Melania $155,000 in 2021?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 12:17:18 pm »
The bigger question is why are they routing the money circuitously?  If she gave a speech, and if $155,000 is the going rate for her speaking engagements (which I don't doubt it is), then why not simply pay the money directly?

This is another shoot-yourself-in-the-foot instance of why Trump and his organizations are their own worst enemies.

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Why did Trump SuperPAC secretly pay Melania $155,000 in 2021?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 02:48:45 pm »
The bigger question is why are they routing the money circuitously?  If she gave a speech, and if $155,000 is the going rate for her speaking engagements (which I don't doubt it is), then why not simply pay the money directly?

This is another shoot-yourself-in-the-foot instance of why Trump and his organizations are their own worst enemies.

There is a reason I don't donate to any candidate or any pac.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/