Author Topic: Former Fox executives express ‘deep disappointment’ for helping build ‘disinformation machine’  (Read 299 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Former Fox executives express ‘deep disappointment’ for helping build ‘disinformation machine’
by Lauren Sforza - 07/13/23 10:18 AM ET

A trio of former Fox executives said in a joint statement Wednesday that they are disappointed in themselves for helping build up the corporation in its early days, labeling Fox a “disinformation machine.”

“For what little it may, or may not, be worth at this point, Preston Padden, Ken Solomon and Bill Reyner wish to express their deep disappointment for helping to give birth to Fox Broadcasting Company and Fox Television that came to include Fox News Channel — the channel that prominently includes news that, in the words of Sidney Powell’s counsel, ‘no reasonable person would believe,’” the three former executives wrote in a blog post.

The trio’s post is titled “How Our Efforts to Bring Competition To Television Unknowingly Helped Create the Fox Disinformation Machine”.

During Fox’s early development in the 1990s, Padden served as its top Washington lobbyist, Solomon was the executive vice president of network distribution and Reyner was the lead outside counsel. At the time, there was no Fox News Channel, and none of the executives had ever worked on it, the blog post noted.

The three major broadcast networks at the time were ABC, CBS and NBC. After helping Fox win multiple legal battles that the three former executives said were “critical in establishing Fox to become the long-sought fourth broadcast television network,” they said they helped Fox grow through acquiring more local television stations.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4095147-former-fox-executives-express-deep-disappointment-for-helping-build-disinformation-machine/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Former Fox executives express ‘deep disappointment’ ... after the checks clear.  Too little, too late for collaborators to Trump-wash their resumes.  The stink of complicity will not wash off without penance.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.