Author Topic: ‘Tech Watchlist’ reveals Pentagon vision of future digital battlefield  (Read 138 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Thought Leadership
‘Tech Watchlist’ reveals Pentagon vision of future digital battlefield
By Colin Demarest
 Jul 11, 11:00 AM

The Defense Department has since 2015 experienced more than 12,000 cyber incidents, with yearly totals declining since 2017, according to a federal audit. (Bussarin Rinchumrus/Getty Images)

WASHINGTON — Lt. Gen. Robert Skinner stood offstage, awaiting his cue.

When it arrived, the U.S. Air Force officer and director of the Defense Information Systems Agency palmed a microphone, pressed it to his mouth and walked into the spotlight at AFCEA TechNet Cyber, a defense conference in Baltimore, Maryland.

As he proceeded, an uncanny voice came over the sound system. It sounded like Skinner, who leads thousands of military and civilian workers at the Pentagon’s de facto information technology authority. But the cadence was odd and the tone was off.

And, as those sitting close enough to the stage in May could see, his mouth wasn’t moving much.

https://www.defensenews.com/battlefield-tech/2023/07/11/tech-watchlist-reveals-pentagon-vision-of-future-digital-battlefield/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson