Author Topic: Report: Top Donors Considering Moving from Ron DeSantis to Tim Scott  (Read 1312 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Top Donors Considering Moving from Ron DeSantis to Tim Scott

Hannah Bleau 13 Jul 2023

Top donors are reportedly considering moving from supporting Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott in the Republican primary race, citing worries over the start and direction of the governor’s presidential campaign these past few months.

DeSantis formally launched his bid in the final week of May, which was met with scrutiny given the technical difficulties that plagued the highly anticipated Twitter Spaces launch.

But since entering the race, DeSantis has failed to emerge as the frontrunner, and polls have neither drastically shifted nor are they swinging in his direction, despite his blitz of early primary states such as Iowa, South Carolina, and New Hampshire.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/07/13/top-donors-considering-moving-desantis-scott/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Report: Top Donors Considering Moving from Ron DeSantis to Tim Scott
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2023, 07:20:36 pm »
‘DeSantis discount’: Florida gov slashes seat price for Hamptons fundraiser
NY Post, Jul 13, 2023

When it comes to campaign fundraisers, Ron DeSantis has been relegated to the “discount section” as his chances of winning the White House continue to fade, sources told On The Money.

The cost to attend the Florida governor’s July 20 fundraiser in the Hamptons has dropped to $3,300 per person — less than three weeks after the Republican hopeful on June 29 charged $6,600 a plate at the Yale Club in Manhattan, according to invitations reviewed by On The Money.

“DeSantis is now in the discount section,” one source close to the campaign told On The Money.

“He seems to have lowered the entry fee to meet him, which is often a sign that he has already milked most of the ‘big money’ from New York.”

“Because his betting odds have roughly [been] cut in half since he announced, his fundraiser price has [been] cut in half,” the source

DeSantis is funded by a couple of billionaires — his campaign is not grassroots,” one GOP operative told On The Money. “People see other options now — Vivek Ramaswamy, Tim Scott, Mike Pence are alternatives.”

One of those billionaires, Ken Griffin, appears to be moving away from DeSantis, according to a CNBC report which said the Citadel boss continues to “assess the field.”

More:
https://nypost.com/2023/07/13/desantis-discount-florida-gov-slashes-seat-price-for-hamptons-fundraiser/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2023, 07:27:44 pm »
Do I really want to trust a Republican who fundraises at The Yale Club in Manhattan?  Sounds like a sellout move to me.

////00000////

Does The Yale Club have any association with Yale University or Yale University alumni, specifically members of Skull N' Bones?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2023, 07:55:03 pm »

Does The Yale Club have any association with Yale University or Yale University alumni, specifically members of Skull N' Bones?

It is a private club and those who have received a degree from Yale University, full-time graduate students who are completing a degree-granting program at Yale, and full-time professors are eligible for membership

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 12:37:49 pm »
I am familiar with the name Tim Scott,but know nothing about the politician or his voting record. The up side of this is I know nothing bad about him. The down side is if there is anything seriously negative there,I don't know that,either.

Anyone care to fill us in?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2023, 01:07:48 pm »
Anyone care to fill us in?

Trump gave him a reference in 2022, despite his non-germanic heritage, and then he dared to apply for the same open position two years later.  Backstabber.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 01:23:01 pm »
I see bupkis till they start naming names.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 07:47:49 pm »
Trump gave him a reference in 2022, despite his non-germanic heritage, and then he dared to apply for the same open position two years later.  Backstabber.

@cato potatoe

WTH does his "Non-Germanic heritage" have to do with anything?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2023, 07:55:32 pm »
I find it interesting that top donors are moving towards Scott when the debates haven't even begun.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2023, 07:59:56 pm »
I find it interesting that top donors are moving towards Scott when the debates haven't even begun.

@libertybele

The CANDIDATE PUBLIC debates haven't started yet,but the "insider debates by donors" never stop.

These people may all be multi-millionaires/billionaires,but they don't like betting their money on losers.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 08:02:37 pm by sneakypete »

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2023, 12:53:44 pm »
"Top Paul Ryan advisor savages Rob DeSanctimonious - these things don’t happen on accident - the message has clearly been sent down! 👇👇👇" (Video)

https://twitter.com/JasonMillerinDC/status/1680191803192909827

Offline Idiot

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2023, 01:22:40 pm »
"Top Paul Ryan advisor savages Rob DeSanctimonious - these things don’t happen on accident - the message has clearly been sent down! 👇👇👇" (Video)

https://twitter.com/JasonMillerinDC/status/1680191803192909827
MSNBC seriously???  Since when has MSNBC said anything positive about a republican EVER?

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2023, 01:32:42 pm »
MSNBC seriously???  Since when has MSNBC said anything positive about a republican EVER?

MSNBC wasn't doing the talking, Paul Ryan's guy was.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2023, 02:31:01 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

Makes me happy to see the "DeSanctimonious" tag that I gave to that asshat is not only sticking,but being spread.

It just seemed sooo fitting,and it looks like others think the same.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2023, 09:03:48 pm »
Oh, so now you just LOVE Paul Ryan's guy. Like I said, you'll believe anyone and anything that favors your guy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2023, 09:06:50 pm »
It's all the orchestrated charade.

So apparently they've lost confidence in Ramaswamy as the Great Hope of Color, and will shift their pump-and-dump to Scott.

Take it away, Andy Williams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKFjvdgquZ8

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2023, 09:07:36 pm »
Oh, so now you just LOVE Paul Ryan's guy.

:facepalm2:  Sometimes it seems you go out of your way to sound silly @jmyrlefuller    This is one of those times.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2023, 09:18:16 pm »
:facepalm2:  Sometimes it seems you go out of your way to sound silly @jmyrlefuller    This is one of those times.
Nah, you just don't get it, either that or you're intentionally being obtuse—since I'm already straddling the line of what constitutes acceptable behavior here, I won't go any further.

Offline DB

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2023, 09:20:24 pm »
Nah, you just don't get it, either that or you're intentionally being obtuse—since I'm already straddling the line of what constitutes acceptable behavior here, I won't go any further.

She's a paid shill. That's what they do.

Online LMAO

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2023, 09:22:04 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Makes me happy to see the "DeSanctimonious" tag that I gave to that asshat is not only sticking,but being spread.

You didn’t give him that name. Trump did. You’re just regurgitating it here
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2023, 09:26:30 pm »

In either case, the name is quite childish.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2023, 09:57:05 pm »
She's a paid shill. That's what they do.

You're still hellbent on proving your ignorance is bliss.  I admire the strength of your conviction @DB

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2023, 10:07:20 pm »

@LMAO

BS.

Then again,I guess it is possible his mama named him first.

Online LMAO

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2023, 10:51:32 pm »
@LMAO

BS.

Then again,I guess it is possible his mama named him first.

Um…no

Trump called him that before you did

Here it is from November 2022

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/elections/2022/11/06/donald-trump-calls-florida-governor-ron-desanctimonious/?outputType=amp
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2023, 11:05:00 pm »
Speaking of Ron DeSantis, the argument that Trump supporters make that Trump saved his political career, is  not really one that they should brag about. Trump actively campaigns and endorses Ron DeSantis in 2018 and he barely wins in an election that was close enough to warrant a recount.

Come 2022, neither happens from Donald Trump, nor did DeSantis seek his endorsement, and he wins by 20 points. If the opposite happened, that Trump didn’t campaign for him in 2018, but did so in 2022, well, then Trump would have bragging rights that would be hard to argue with.

If I’m training a boxer, and that boxer barely wins fights, mostly on split decisions, and he decides that with me his career isn’t going anywhere, and decides to train himself and ends up winning knockout fights and his career takes off, do I get to take credit for “saving his career?” Does that boxer “owe me?”
Of course not. That would be absurd.

This explains Donald Trump’s attacks on Ron DeSantis just days before the midterm. No, despite one posters insistence, this wasn’t some grand strategy. It’s the same type of mindset that Trump has that had him endorse Stacey Abrams over Brian Kemp for governor of Georgia. Trump would rather have a Congress full of AOC’s than one republican that doesn’t kiss his derrière. Because Kemp and DeSantis did not seek his endorsement in 2022, it had an affect on Trump’s  psyche. And this has nothing to do with what one feels about Ron DeSantis or Brian Kemp. This is 100% Donald Trump and his behavioral issues. Trump has admitted to having the same temperament in adulthood as he did when he was six years old. But why do his supporters believe they must indulge that behavior?

The republican party is in a hot, wet mess.  But it wasn’t like the party was in great shape before the arrival of Trump, either.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 11:53:44 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater