Author Topic: Chinese Military Aircraft, Ships Make Provocative Passes Near Taiwan  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chinese Military Aircraft, Ships Make Provocative Passes Near Taiwan
By: Mallory Shelbourne
July 12, 2023 1:19 PM • Updated: July 13, 2023 5:20 AM

Taiwan Ministry of Defense Image

TAIPEI, Taiwan — Nearly two dozen People’s Liberation Army Navy aircraft flew over the median line in the Taiwan Strait or into the island’s air defense identification zone on Wednesday, Taiwan’s Ministry of National Defense said.

From 7 a.m. local time onward, Taiwan’s Armed Forces identified a total of 30 aircraft, consisting of unmanned aerial vehicles, Chengdu J-10 multi-mission aircraft, Shenyang J-16 fighters and Xian H-6 bombers, operating near Taiwan, according to the MND. Twenty-three of those aircraft flew over the median line or into the island’s southwest or southeastern ADIZ. Four People’s Liberation Army Navy vessels were also operating near the island.

“The PLA aircraft conducted long-range aerial reconnaissance training alongside long-distance vessels to the SE of Taiwan,” the Taiwan MND wrote on Twitter.

“The R.O.C. Armed Forces are closely monitoring the situation with our ISR system and have deployed CAP aircraft, naval vessels, and land-based missile systems in response.”

https://news.usni.org/2023/07/12/chinese-military-aircraft-ships-make-provocative-passes-near-taiwan
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Chinese Military Aircraft, Ships Make Provocative Passes Near Taiwan
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2023, 05:15:18 pm »
You can bet your sweet bippy once the AF cuts half it's F-15 fleet, the provocations will cease. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson