Author Topic: Ron DeSantis zings Trump for skipping events: ‘Nobody is entitled’ to GOP nod  (Read 161 times)

Online Kamaji

Ron DeSantis zings Trump for skipping events: ‘Nobody is entitled’ to GOP nod

By Ryan King
July 13, 2023

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has taken aim squarely at Donald Trump, with the former president set to miss a major forum in Iowa Friday and dangling the prospect of playing hooky from next month’s first debate.

“Nobody is entitled to this nomination,” DeSantis told conservative Boston radio host Howie Carr Wednesday. “You have got to earn the nomination and doing things like the Family Leader event in Iowa, doing things like these debates, they’re important parts of the process.”

Trump has been noncommittal about attending the first Republican showdown, hosted by Fox News and slated for Aug. 23 in Milwaukee.

Earlier this week, organizers of a key Des Moines cattle call — the Family Leadership Summit — revealed that the former president won’t attend that event.

Instead, the 77-year-old will headline an event with Turning Point USA near his home in Florida.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/13/desantis-zings-trump-for-dangling-debate-boycott-nobody-is-entitled/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Inevitability hasn't worked well for Hillary; I doubt it will work for Trump either.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.