Author Topic: Disney CEO Bob Iger doesn’t want company ‘drawn into any culture wars’  (Read 310 times)

Offline Kamaji

Disney CEO Bob Iger doesn’t want company ‘drawn into any culture wars’ during DeSantis feud

By Shannon Thaler
July 13, 2023

Disney boss Bob Iger said he doesn’t want to “be drawn into any culture wars” as Disney continues to weather a battle with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis during an interview at Sun Valley’s “summer camp for billionaires”.

In a Thursday sit-down with CNBC, Iger said of last month’s neo-Nazi protests outside of Walt Disney World’s Orlando theme park: “That was horrifying. I don’t really want to engage in the specifics except to say that it’s not our goal to be involved in a culture war.”

Iger echoed the sentiment when questioned on the House of Mouse’s ongoing legal dispute with Florida Gov. DeSantis, who has entered the 2024 presidential race.

“The last thing I want is for the company to be drawn into any culture wars,” he told CNBC of Disney’s First Amendment case against DeSantis that was filed in April, which has since escalated into a row of warring lawsuits.

“I’m not sure that was handled very well,” Iger told CNBC of Disney’s response to DeSantis’ hotly-debated legislation that has been branded by critics as “Don’t Say Gay,” which was signed into law in March of 2022.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/13/disney-ceo-bob-iger-doesnt-want-company-drawn-into-any-culture-wars/

Offline Kamaji

If that's really the case, then you'd better start doing some much-needed housecleaning in the upper eschelons of Disney management, because right now it's your own staff that's trying to get Disney involved in a culture war.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Your a day late and a dollar short on that Bob and you damn well know it, that's why they pulled you out of retirement to try and salvage a sinking ship.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Disney's been the flagship leading the culture wars. He's really saying he doesn't want questioned or disagreed with by the heretics.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Too late, Bobby.  Your job is to now fix it, if you can.  There needs to be wholesale slaughter in the boardroom on down.  Anything less and Disney will carry the culture stain forever.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: