Author Topic: Opening up a can of climate whoop-ass on this guy  (Read 270 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Opening up a can of climate whoop-ass on this guy
« on: July 13, 2023, 11:54:10 am »
Opening up a can of climate whoop-ass on this guy
4 seconds ago Anthony Watts No Comments

As I’ve said before, it is our duty to fight back against the wild claims of the rampant climate alarmism the permeates media, social and otherwise. Here’s an example of high you do it – writing a letters to the editor rebuttal. I urge readers to do the same when confronted with baseless scary claims.

My Letter to the Editor of July 13, 2023:

This is a response to Michael Bertsch who wrote:

“July 4th was the hottest day in the history of humanity so far. … and when science proves you wrong you still deny the heat record’s connection to oil — this position is thick as a brick. We laugh at you. We’re all laughing at you.”

This shows Michael’s “thick” knowledge of the situation. That July 4th claim is false. It came from a website called climatereanalyzer.org using model data, not actual temperatures, and got picked up by know-nothing social media fools going viral, followed by the media that didn’t bother to check. Only two problems: it wasn’t an official temperature. In a July 5 Associated Press story, NOAA distanced itself:

“NOAA, whose figures are considered the gold standard in climate data, said in a statement Thursday that it cannot validate the unofficial numbers. It noted that the reanalyzer uses model output data, which it called “not suitable” as substitutes for actual temperatures and climate records.”

And there is the fact that the model only goes back to 1979, not “the history of humanity.”

Ooops!

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/07/13/opening-up-a-can-of-climate-whoop-ass-on-this-guy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson