Author Topic: ‘The Impossible Dream’ Of Having An All-Electric Fleet  (Read 191 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘The Impossible Dream’ Of Having An All-Electric Fleet
« on: July 13, 2023, 11:50:24 am »
WRITTEN BY JAMES FREEMAN ON JUL 12, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

‘The Impossible Dream’ Of Having An All-Electric Fleet

The Impossible Dream” is the title of a new report on electric vehicles from the Manhattan Institute’s Mark Mills. After reading the particulars one wonders whether that title is too optimistic.

One issue that probably hasn’t received enough attention is that even if politicians can manage to force all of humanity out of cars with internal combustion engines, it will still be extremely hard to meet political emissions targets unless the surviving electric vehicles are small and scarce. [emphasis, links added]

What also may not be appreciated given all the alleged innovation surrounding EVs is that the production of the minerals needed to make them may become less environmentally friendly, not more.

Not that it will be easy to get consumers to give up their gasoline-powered cars. Mr. Mills writes:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-impossible-dream-of-having-an-all-electric-fleet/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson