Author Topic: U.S. Utility Giants Pour Cold Water On Biden EPA’s ‘Carbon Capture’ Dreams  (Read 418 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY NICK POPE ON JUL 12, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

U.S. Utility Giants Pour Cold Water On Biden EPA’s ‘Carbon Capture’ Dreams

coal fired power plantUtility companies operating most of the U.S.’s power plants are not widely adopting an expensive technology promoted by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to clamp down on carbon dioxide emissions, E&E News reported Tuesday.

Most of the country’s 10 largest utility companies have not yet made plans to roll out the carbon capture and storage (CCS) technology within the timeframe the EPA has set, even as the Biden administration has made available tax credits and other subsidies to incentivize CCS deployment, according to E&E News. [emphasis, links added]

The EPA touts “carbon capture” technology as an effective means to reduce power plant carbon emissions by 90% by 2038, a standard it would in effect impose upon coal- and gas-fired power plants using a May 2023 emissions proposed rule.

CCS technology theoretically reduces carbon emissions by capturing, compressing, and then burying the emissions or using them for manufacturing, according to the International Energy Agency.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/u-s-utility-giants-pour-cold-water-on-biden-epas-carbon-capture-dreams/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson