Author Topic: Pylon The Agony  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pylon The Agony
« on: July 13, 2023, 11:45:28 am »
Pylon The Agony
Pile on the cost

POSTED ON 03 JUL 23
BY MARK HODGSONIN ENERGY, ENERGY BILLS, ENVIRONMENTALISM, NATIONAL GRID, NET ZERO, POLITICS, PROPAGANDA, RENEWABLES, UNCATEGORIZED, WIND POWER

In Gridlock I transcribed an interview on BBC Radio 4’s flagship PM programme, with Ben Wilson, Chief Strategy Officer for the National Grid. The interviewer, Evan Davis commenced the interview thus:

Now, if you build a new wind or solar farm, helping to de-carbonise the electricity grid in Great Britain, be aware you might have to wait fifteen years for National Grid to connect your facility to the Grid. In fact, there are real worries that it is the Grid which is the constraint on building up renewable energy.

Broadly speaking the interview confirmed that there are serious issues in this regard, and discussed the steps that the National Grid might take to solve the problem of gridlock.

It seems as though the powers-that-be are listening, and possibly also acting. On 1st July, the Daily Telegraph featured an article under the heading “Pylons to be forced on public to hit net zero goal – Hundreds of miles of overhead cables needed to power electric cars and heat pumps”. The Telegraph article is behind a paywall, but Paul Homewood has the story, and the article can be read in full at his site.

The gist of it is that it is finally dawning on those who are ostensibly in charge of the UK’s energy policy and its implementation, that net zero is about to collide with reality, unless urgent (and potentially highly unpopular) measures are taken. That, of course, is already the case with regard to things like forcing people to buy expensive electric cars that don’t work for them and which they don’t want; making them pay huge amounts for driving old “polluting” cars in towns and cities; trying to force people to use expensive heat pumps, that can’t work well in many UK homes, instead of gas boilers that do work well; endeavouring to move us off cooking with gas and on to electricity instead, etc., etc.

https://cliscep.com/2023/07/03/pylon-the-agony/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson