Author Topic: Inflation slowed to 3 percent in June, hits lowest rate in two years  (Read 1008 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Inflation slowed to 3 percent in June, hits lowest rate in two years
by Sylvan Lane - 07/12/23 8:38 AM ET

Consumer prices rose 3 percent annually in June and 0.2 percent last month alone, according to inflation data released Wednesday by the Labor Department.

The consumer price index (CPI) posted its smallest annual increase since March 2021 as inflation fell from a 4 percent annual rate in May. Without food and energy, prices rose 4.8 percent on the year and 0.2 percent in June, the smallest one-month increase since August 2021.

Inflation came in slightly lower than economists had expected after declines in used auto prices, airline fares and household furnishings helped bring down overall price growth.

Housing costs were the biggest driver of inflation, according to the Labor Department, fueling more than 70 percent of price growth in June.
Inflation falling steadily

The June slowdown in price growth is another sign that the U.S. is finally behind the burst of inflation set off by the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic and years of supply chain issues.

After peaking at an annual rate of 9.1 percent in June 2022, inflation has fallen rapidly back toward pre-pandemic levels.

Energy prices are down 16.7 percent from last year, when Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the sanctions imposed in response caused oil and natural gas prices to spike. Food prices are up 5.7 percent from a year ago, but grocery store prices have either fallen or stayed flat in each month since March.

“Prices for everything from eggs to used cars dropped in June, causing a big deflation in inflation. By one measure, inflation is just one-third of what it was a year ago, said Robert Frick, corporate economist with Navy Federal Credit Union, in a Wednesday analysis.

“However, this is not yet a turning point,” Frick continued. “Core inflation will prove tougher to beat.”

Updated at 9:10 a.m.

https://thehill.com/business/4092685-inflation-slowed-to-3-percent-in-june/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Inflation slowed to 3 percent in June, hits lowest rate in two years
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 03:25:08 pm »
Why the Latest Inflation Report Isn't the Good News Democrats Say It Is
Spencer Brown
~4 minutes

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) released its Consumer Price Index report for June on Wednesday morning, showing an accelerating month-over-month increase in the cost of goods and services.

According to the latest print, headline CPI rose 0.2 percent in June, double the 0.1 percent monthly advance reported in May. Over the last 12 months, costs have risen three percent, something BLS emphasized was "the smallest 12-month increase since the period ending March 2021."

Meanwhile, core CPI — a metric which excludes the more volatile food and energy indexes — increased 0.2 percent in June for a 4.8 percent annual advance.

The latest print of CPI explained that "shelter was the largest contributor to the monthly all items increase, accounting for over 70 percent of the increase, with the index for motor vehicle insurance also contributing."

In addition, the food index rose 0.1 percent in June due in part to a 0.4 percent increase seen in the index for food away from home. Energy costs continued to increase, with a 0.6 percent advance.

With headline CPI remaining at an annual rate of three percent and core CPI sitting at 4.8 percent, both metrics sit above the Federal Reserve's target rate of just two percent — and continue moving in the wrong, upward direction.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/07/12/june-consumer-price-index-n2625613
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 05:45:44 pm »
I'm sure the JoePedo admin will crow about it, but it's a little like saying the Sun's shining and the birds are chirping after a Cat 5 hurricane lays everything to waste.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 05:59:12 pm »
I'm sure the JoePedo admin will crow about it, but it's a little like saying the Sun's shining and the birds are chirping after a Cat 5 hurricane lays everything to waste.

I am sure he will too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2023, 06:32:00 pm »
Good news for Biden’s reelection campaign

Will the public at large believe it?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023, 06:37:57 pm »

No they won't. Unless it is in the price at the gas pump, the loaf of bread in their hand, their powerbill, etc.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 07:05:17 pm »

They already don't believe him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2023, 12:16:49 am »
They already don't believe him.

Today they don’t

But alot can happen between now and November 2024
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2023, 01:27:00 pm »
Interesting twitter thread: Tom Elliott
@tomselliott
Top 5 facts why our economy is miserable, media cheerleading notwithstanding:

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1679469931484651520
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2023, 02:39:00 pm »
Interesting twitter thread: Tom Elliott
@tomselliott
Top 5 facts why our economy is miserable, media cheerleading notwithstanding:

Yes.  Kind of depressing, but interesting!
But honestly, he's just putting facts and figures to what people already know based on their own pocketbooks.  It's not getting better, no matter what bridge Biden's people are trying to sell us.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2023, 03:04:20 pm »
Yes.  Kind of depressing, but interesting!
But honestly, he's just putting facts and figures to what people already know based on their own pocketbooks.  It's not getting better, no matter what bridge Biden's people are trying to sell us.

You're right; empty wallets talk. Most are just trying to keep their heads above water.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2023, 03:08:44 pm »
This does not mean my bills and costs are decreasing; no, it only means they are still increasing, but at a slower pace.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2023, 03:18:40 pm »
It's not getting better, no matter what bridge Biden's people are trying to sell us.
For every few cents the price of gasoline or eggs has fallen, the prices on innumerable other essentials have gone up.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2023, 03:39:04 pm »
For every few cents the price of gasoline or eggs has fallen, the prices on innumerable other essentials have gone up.

Exactly right.  And the grocery bill just keeps going up and up and up.  Along with the electric/gas bill and the insurance bill. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2023, 03:43:25 pm »
Our water and gas bills seem to have doubled in recent months, for no apparent reason. Just new surcharges, I guess.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2023, 01:45:32 pm »

tweeted by @Serenityin24