Author Topic: 'Democrats Have a Problem on Their Hands' With Asian American Voters  (Read 257 times)

Offline Kamaji

'Democrats Have a Problem on Their Hands' With Asian American Voters

Matt Vespa
July 11, 2023

Asian Americans clinched a landmark Supreme Court victory that returned equality to the college admission process. The Left thought they had widespread support in their latest tantrum against the Supreme Court, which they now hate since they’ve lost their majority and Trump appointed three justices. It’s also part of the more significant debate regarding the shifting political allegiances within this demographic. As one of the fastest-growing voter blocs in the country, Democrats probably sat pretty, confident that their sizable advantage in voter preference could save them. Wrong.

That’s the thing about Democrats: they never stop to think that voters in America can and do vote differently with every election. Public opinion is always shiftable sand. The irony is that the Trump coalition, whom they loathe, has demonstrated this consistently; right-leaning populists aren’t hard-core Republicans. They will vote for Democrats, which we saw in 2018, 2020, and 2022. Asian Americans are no different because they were a reliable voter bloc for the Bush 41 years. However, they shifted when Bill Clinton pushed a pro-business, middle-of-the-road agenda following the Republican Revolution. Seth Moskowitz has a good post in The Liberal Patriot, highlighting two issues driving Asian American voters into the GOP: education and public safety.

The recall of soft-on-crime San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin might be the first red flag that this demographic had reached a boiling point with the Democrats’ pro-criminal approach to public safety. The proposals to remove honors classes and institute a lottery system for the best schools also bred resentment, therefore accounting for the voter bloc’s “lurch” to the Right in 2022:

We’ll see. Asian Americans are also notoriously hard to poll, having little to no patience for these surveys. But while they were lockstep behind Democrats for over a few cycles, especially under Obama, they were also a bloc that could be persuaded to vote Republican. They’re the only demographic where most think that getting married, being good parents, and having an educated are important factors in life. This made the shift easy, among other factors, though I’m not sure it was due to GOP outreach. It seems that the Democratic Party became so insane that they pushed these people into the GOP camp. The question is whether the Republican Party can build on this gift the Left inadvertently delivered to their doorstep.

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2023/07/11/the-two-issues-driving-asian-americans-into-the-republican-party-n2625596

Offline Kamaji

Re: 'Democrats Have a Problem on Their Hands' With Asian American Voters
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 12:51:57 pm »
That last point (bolded) cannot be overstated - is the GOP capable of capitalizing on the footfalls and unforced errors of the democrats/libs/progs?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 10:19:01 pm »
Asian voters are very much like "the Jewish vote" -- that is, they vote overwhelmingly dem-communist (at even a slightly-higher percentage than do Jews). Around 75%.

It remains to be see as to how the SFFA v. Harvard case will impact this.

We've already seen through years of experience that there's NOTHING that will ever change the Jewish vote. They will vote for the communists until the bitter end.

My GUESS is that SFFA may win the Pubbies a very modest increase of the Asian vote -- perhaps 5%, certainly no more than 10%...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 10:41:09 pm »
Asian voters are very much like "the Jewish vote" -- that is, they vote overwhelmingly dem-communist (at even a slightly-higher percentage than do Jews). Around 75%.

We've already seen through years of experience that there's NOTHING that will ever change the Jewish vote. They will vote for the communists until the bitter end.

My GUESS is that SFFA may win the Pubbies a very modest increase of the Asian vote -- perhaps 5%, certainly no more than 10%...

I know. You need swings of 20% or more of minority groups to win elections. The GOP can do all the outreach it wants, but until minorities wake up stop voting for people who do them harm, nothing changes.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2023, 12:03:07 am »

There might be some shift not only related to the recent Supreme Court decision but also Asians have been a target of inner-city blacks for violence
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy