Author Topic: Climate Change Weekly #475: The Truth About Canada’s Wildfires  (Read 186 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Change Weekly #475: The Truth About Canada’s Wildfires

H. Sterling Burnett
July 7, 2023

IN THIS ISSUE:

The Truth About Canada’s Wildfires
Podcast of the Week: El Niño and the Coming Climate Madness
IEA’s “Net Zero” Analysis Long on False Hope, Short on Reality
Climate Comedy
Video of the Week: CLIMATE UNCERTAINTY and RISK: An Interview With Climatologist Dr. Judith Curry
BONUS Video of the Week: Biden Banning ALL Your Home Appliances
Miss Anything at Heartland’s Climate Conference? No Problem.

The Truth About Canada’s Wildfires
canada wildfires

Canada’s wildfires continue to burn, and with smoke from those fires darkening the skies in the United States, the mainstream media are covering it extensively. A common underlying theme in almost every report is that climate change is partly to blame for the size of Canada’s wildfires this season, and that such fires and the heat that is contributing to them are a portent of things to come if we don’t stop using fossil fuels.

“With over 120 million U.S. residents across the Midwest and Northeast under an air quality alert and 60 million residents in the South under heat advisories on Thursday, Americans are contending with two different effects caused by climate change,” Yahoo News reports.

The New York Times assessed the situation thus:

Fires are burning across the breadth of Canada, blanketing parts of the eastern United States with choking, orange-gray smoke. Puerto Rico is under a severe heat alert as other parts of the world have been recently. Earth’s oceans have heated up at an alarming rate.

Human-caused climate change is a force behind extremes like these.

For this essay, I will limit my comments to the wildfire claims, leaving the heat wave attributions for another day.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2023/07/climate-change-weekly-475-the-truth-about-canadas-wildfires/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson