Author Topic: Unstatistic of the month: Climate change leads to more premature births  (Read 225 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unstatistic of the month: Climate change leads to more premature births
July 5, 2023 by

The planned alpine solar systems in Switzerland are anything but smooth. Only in May did it become known that the once gigantic "Grengiols Solar" project in Valais was to be reduced by a sixth. Now the promoters of "Gondosolar" have also announced that their project will be significantly smaller than originally assumed. In addition, this project, which is actually considered to be well advanced, will use an experimental technology with so-called "solar trees", the success of which is doubtful. Alex Reichmuth compiled the details in Nebelspalter, see here and

Gondosolar is also shrinking: 44 percent less winter electricity

The planned alpine solar system above the Valais village of Gondo will be significantly smaller than previously envisaged. Instead of 23.3 million kilowatt hours per year, according to the new plans, Gondosolar is to supply 16 million kilowatt hours (see here ). That is a minus of almost a third.

At the same time, those responsible for the project have corrected the proportion of electricity that Gondosolar produces in winter from 55 to 45 percent. The system therefore generates significantly less electricity in the winter half-year than in the summer half-year. Overall, the system supplies 44 percent less winter electricity during the cold season compared to the original plans. This is significant, because alpine solar systems are mainly praised because they supposedly produce a lot of electricity in winter and are therefore considered a remedy for the threatening electricity shortage in Switzerland in the cold season.

https://klimanachrichten-de.translate.goog/2023/07/05/unstatistik-des-monats-der-klimawandel-fuehrt-zu-mehr-fruehgeburten/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 00drama
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson