Author Topic: Car Pileup: Electric Vehicles Sitting Unsold On Dealer Lots  (Read 222 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY JOANN MULLER ON JUL 11, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Car Pileup: Electric Vehicles Sitting Unsold On Dealer Lots

The auto industry is beginning to crank out more electric vehicles (EVs) to challenge Tesla, but there’s one big problem: not enough buyers.

Why it matters: The growing mismatch between EV supply and demand is a sign that even though consumers are showing more interest in EVs, they’re still wary about purchasing one because of price or charging concerns. [emphasis, links added]

It’s a “Field of Dreams” moment for automakers making big bets on electrification — they’ve built the cars, and now they’re waiting for buyers to come, says Jonathan Gregory, senior manager of economic and industry insights at Cox Automotive.

Driving the news: Cox Automotive experts highlighted the swelling EV inventories during a recent midyear industry review for journalists and industry stakeholders.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/car-pileup-electric-vehicles-sitting-unsold-on-dealer-lots/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Car Pileup: Electric Vehicles Sitting Unsold On Dealer Lots
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 10:38:28 am »
States which will be mandating EVs could help out some major donors by moving the time frame to 2025. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson