Author Topic: The Navy Is Decommissioning Two Nuclear Aircraft Carriers in a Row  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The Navy Is Decommissioning Two Nuclear Aircraft Carriers in a Row
Story by Sascha Brodsky • Yesterday 7:59 AM

It’s time to wish fair winds and following seas to some of the U.S. Navy’s shrinking fleet.

The service will decommission two nuclear aircraft carriers, and two Independence-class Littoral Combat Ships will go up for sale to foreign militaries. The USS Nimitz will leave the service in 2026, while the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower will retire a year later. It’s part of a long-term effort to modernize the current fleet of 297 ships.

Decommissioning History
Over the decades, the two aircraft carriers heading to the chopping block have played significant roles in military conflicts. The 48-year-old USS Nimitz (CVN-68) was commissioned in 1975 and built for a 50-year service life.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-navy-is-decommissioning-two-nuclear-aircraft-carriers-in-a-row/ar-AA1a75KR?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8d61e4ae006640aabdcd9a82a9bcd490&ei=39
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Navy Is Decommissioning Two Nuclear Aircraft Carriers in a Row
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 10:14:28 am »
This, of course, means the Navy will be able to decommission the ships that normally deploy with them.  40% of the submarines are in need of repair.  The AF has been cutting squadrons, the Marines ridding themselves of tanks, and recruiting is in the tank.  Coupled with going woke, our military is in fine shape. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson