Author Topic: Anti-Parental Rights New Hampshire Democrats Are a Loony Bunch  (Read 456 times)

Online Kamaji

Anti-Parental Rights New Hampshire Democrats Are a Loony Bunch

Rebecca Downs
July 11, 2023

There's something about New Hampshire Democrats that is making them double down even harder against parents' rights. Leftists have had it out for the Moms for Liberty group in recent months, especially as the group held its summit late last month in Philadelphia. Trolls took to referring to the group by less than charitable names over Twitter, though it wasn't just keyboard warriors. Democratic state Rep. Catherine Sofitikis of Nashua joined in by referring to them as "a**holes with casseroles" and "taliban in minivan," tweeting out the full expletive.

The tweet has been thoroughly ratioed with replies and quoted retweets, but Sofikitis remains obsessed. This has included doubling down even after her tweet was picked up by the NH Journal. She also tweeted a video that claimed the Moms for Liberty group was comprised of "momzis who seem to have an affinity for authoritarianism and extremist groups."

https://twitter.com/JGunlock/status/1678204528540229635

Sofikitis isn't the only New Hampshire Democrat to have it out against parents. As Townhall has covered previously, also citing the NH Journal, fellow Democratic state Rep. Tommy Hoyt of Campton replied "shut up"  back to a parent as part of his reply to an email urging full support for SB272.

The bill in question would have established a parental bill of rights, which the NH GOP described as one that would "protect and ensure the fundamental right that parents get to direct the upbringing and education of their children." In calling it "essential legislation," the NH GOP also pointed out that it "establishes clear guidelines for school districts to follow when considering any action that may infringe upon the rights of a parent in their child’s education."

The bill passed in the state Senate with a vote of 14-10 in March, along party lines. It failed, however, in the state House, by a vote of 195-190. So hellbent are Democratic legislators to oppose parents that they've gone and blocked it from being considered in 2024.

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2023/07/11/anti-parental-rights-new-hampshire-democrats-are-a-loony-bunch-n2625580

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Anti-Parental Rights New Hampshire Democrats Are a Loony Bunch
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 10:01:21 pm »
Libs are nasty in this state, believe me. Ugly people.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Anti-Parental Rights New Hampshire Democrats Are a Loony Bunch
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 10:11:14 pm »
Many Cow Hamsphire Dems are Masshole refugees that can no longer afford to live in Mass.

They are unpleasant people because they are relegated to being backwater hick trash.

They don't have Summer homes on Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.  They don't invited to $10,000/plate rubber chicken fundraisers, but they do get to work them as the "hired help".

Being a liberal is much more difficult when you are driving the limousine, rather than being a passenger in the back.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.