Author Topic: BREAKING: Georgia Democrat Defects To GOP, Slams Party For ‘Using And Abusing Black Community’  (Read 639 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: Georgia Democrat Defects To GOP, Slams Party For ‘Using And Abusing Black Community’
By Mark SteffenJuly 11, 2023Updated:July 11, 2023

Georgia Republicans on Tuesday nabbed an endorsement from one of the most unlikely lawmakers — a Black female Democrat from liberal Atlanta.

Mesha Mainor, a Georgia state lawmaker since January 2021, announced she was leaving her party and enrolling as a Republican, saying her support for a recent school choice bill proved pivotal in her decision to switch party affiliations.

“When I decided to stand up on behalf of disadvantaged children in support of school choice, my Democrat colleagues didn’t stand by me,” Mainor explained of her decision in a statement to Fox News Digital. “They crucified me. When I decided to stand up in support of safe communities and refused to support efforts to defund the police, they didn’t back me. They abandoned me.”

“For far too long, the Democrat Party has gotten away with using and abusing the black community,” she added. “For decades, the Democrat Party has received the support of more than 90% of the black community. And what do we have to show for it? I represent a solidly blue district in the city of Atlanta. This isn’t a political decision for me. It’s a moral one.”

Mainor said she will continue to work across party lines but that the GOP’s welcome has been warm for someone from her background. It is, she said,  “humbling to be embraced – for the first time in a long time – by individuals who don’t find fault in a black woman having a mind of her own and be willing to buck the party line.”

more
https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/breaking-georgia-democrat-defects-to-gop-in-deep-blue-district-mstef/
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 08:43:41 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

@Hoodat

Does this bode well, or ill?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Music to my ears. Good stuff.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

DailyMail
By ASSOCATED PRESS
PUBLISHED: 12 July 2023

A Democratic Georgia state legislator from Atlanta has defected to the Republican Party in astonishing move after her party turned on her for backing school vouchers wanting to get tougher on prosecutors.

Rep. Mesha Mainor, 48, switched sides to become the only black member of the state GOP after ripping into her former colleagues for trying to 'sabotage' everything she did and embracing 'left-wing radicalism'.

Mainor said legislative Democrats drove her out of the party for breaking what they think are party norms including being soft on crime.

(more)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12290903/Furious-Georgia-Democrat-Mesha-Mainor-flips-REPUBLICAN-party-turned-her.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online LMAO

From the article…

BREAKING: Georgia Democrat Defects To GOP, Slams Party For ‘Using And Abusing Black Community’

She just found out this about the Democrats now?

What are her chances of getting reelected with this  party switch? She stated she represents a solid blue district in Atlanta. Her political career may be over as a result. But I respect her conviction
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 12:22:08 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy