Author Topic: Lies, Ad Homs, Silly Faces & Wild Ranting–Dale Vince  (Read 179 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lies, Ad Homs, Silly Faces & Wild Ranting–Dale Vince
« on: July 11, 2023, 11:46:19 am »
Lies, Ad Homs, Silly Faces & Wild Ranting–Dale Vince
JULY 9, 2023
tags: vince
By Paul Homewood

Last month Dale Vince was interviewed on Talk TV , alongside Ben Pile.

Vince made several highly contentious claims, not to mention some outright lies:

Vince began with his laid back, hippy style, but when presented with some inconvenient facts reacted with childish facial expressions, a series of ad homs, and finally resorted to continually talking over Ben Pile, a tactic we have often seen from XR nutters.

He begins by claiming that pursuing Net Zero won’t cost a penny, will boost the economy, lower energy bills and make us all better off. The interviewer, Ian Collins, points out the the OBR have put a cost of £350 billion on Net Zero (itself an absurdly low figure – the Public Accounts Committee reckon between £25bn and £50bn a year), but Vince simply ignores this and continues his rant.

His next claim is that the UK subsidises the fossil fuel industry to the tune of £10 billion a year. This is quite simply an outright lie. North Sea oil and gas has brought in tens of billions in tax revenue, over and above normal Corporation Tax. The OBR’s latest projections say that North Sea revenues will top £43 billion over the next five years alone.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/07/09/lies-ad-homs-silly-faces-wild-ranting-dale-vince/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson