Author Topic: New Jersey’s Wind Giveaway Gets Worse As Taxpayers Get Squeezed. Again  (Read 194 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY EDITORIAL BOARD ON JUL 11, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

New Jersey’s Wind Giveaway Gets Worse As Taxpayers Get Squeezed. Again
murphy wind energyWhen it comes to green megaprojects, the public is bound to pay up eventually.

New Jersey lawmakers nodded to that truth last week after being taken for a billion-dollar ride by a Danish energy firm.

Gov. Phil Murphy signed a bill Thursday to grant a major tax break to Ørsted, one of the world’s largest developers of offshore wind power. [emphasis, links added]

The company is under contract to build a wind farm off the Atlantic City coast to power homes for more than half a million residents.

The deal was announced in 2019 with a projected cost of about $1.6 billion.

Yet this year Ørsted came back to Trenton with the world’s most predictable request: more cash.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/new-jerseys-wind-giveaway-gets-worse-as-taxpayers-get-squeezed-again/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson