Author Topic: More Nauseating Climate Grief from the Guardian  (Read 219 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More Nauseating Climate Grief from the Guardian
« on: July 11, 2023, 11:32:25 am »
More Nauseating Climate Grief from the Guardian
6 hours ago Eric Worrall 28 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t strativarius; Another moan for a dying planet…

Climate grief is real – and I cannot keep watching images of our dying planet

David Shearman
Wed 5 Jul 2023 01.00 AEST

Our leaders’ addiction to economic growth and its consumption of environmental resources has me paralysed with fear and solastalgia

In some, like Queen Victoria, the loss of a partner may cause lifelong grief with self-imposed withdrawal and solitude.

I have now realised that I have a grief disorder which has arisen slowly over the past few decades and is likely to remain prolonged.

My brain suddenly came to the diagnosis when I tried to watch Tim Winton’s series on Ningaloo Nyinggulu, one of the Earth’s last truly wild and intact places. I use the word “tried” because it hurt to watch, and I had to turn it off. After many years of working on environmental issues and being steeped in the wonder and beauty of the natural world I had realised it would inevitably die soon.

Now I cannot watch these images of a dying partner.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/07/10/more-nauseating-climate-grief-from-the-guardian/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: More Nauseating Climate Grief from the Guardian
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 11:34:00 am »
:facepalm2:

"dying planet" my a$$.  What a facetious load of vile propaganda.