Author Topic: Virginia Deploys Support Troops to the Texas-Mexico Border  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Virginia Deploys Support Troops to the Texas-Mexico Border
« on: July 11, 2023, 11:31:53 am »
Texas Scorecard by  Soli Rice July 10, 2023

Texas Gov. Abbott sent out a request for assistance with the border, and Virginia Gov. Youngkin responded.

In response to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s request for border aid, Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin has deployed National Guard troops to assist with the worsening Texas-Mexico border crisis.

Youngkin is the latest in the ever-growing list of GOP governors sending troops to the Texas-Mexico border in response to Abbott’s request in May.

“In the federal government’s absence, we, as Governors, must band together to combat President Biden’s ongoing border crisis and ensure the safety and security that all Americans deserve,” Abbott said in his request.

When the request was first sent, Florida and Idaho Govs. Ron DeSantis and Brad Little were the first to announce their plans and send aid. Just days later, Govs. Jim Justice of West Virginia, Henry McMaster of South Carolina, and Youngkin announced their planned aid.

Youngkin didn’t send his support troops to Texas until this month.

The Republican governor of Virginia visited his troops at Fort Barfoot on July 6, during their training for the mission.

During his visit, he gave a speech to the troops, saying he was “inspired” by them.

“I am inspired by all of you. I can’t put it any other way,” said Youngkin. “On behalf of the Commonwealth of Virginia, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for your commitment, thank you for your love of nation, and thank you for your love of the commonwealth.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/virginia-deploys-support-troops-to-the-texas-mexico-border/

Offline ScottinVA

Re: Virginia Deploys Support Troops to the Texas-Mexico Border
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 12:29:30 pm »
Thank you, Gov. Youngkin!