Author Topic: Personal Finance and Investment Thread  (Read 378 times)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Personal Finance and Investment Thread
« on: July 10, 2023, 09:31:30 pm »
It's about time we discussed a topic of great importance to everyone, viz., personal finance.

I just did a brief analysis of equity issues (stocks) which have good growth at 5 days, a few weeks and a few more weeks with relatively low P/E Ratios.  My top pick was Penske Automotive Group (PAG), which I just purchased today.  It closed up $2.70 at $174.92.
Price to Earnings is now 9.66.  It was $129.00 in January.

All thoughtful individuals are invited to propose something equal or better, for everyone's benefit.
This could well be the most important thread in TBR for a long time.  Please, make money on it.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 09:36:09 pm by ChemEngrMBA »
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, it is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline Idiot

Re: Personal Finance and Investment Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 11:28:37 pm »
It's about time we discussed a topic of great importance to everyone, viz., personal finance.

I just did a brief analysis of equity issues (stocks) which have good growth at 5 days, a few weeks and a few more weeks with relatively low P/E Ratios.  My top pick was Penske Automotive Group (PAG), which I just purchased today.  It closed up $2.70 at $174.92.
Price to Earnings is now 9.66.  It was $129.00 in January.

All thoughtful individuals are invited to propose something equal or better, for everyone's benefit.
This could well be the most important thread in TBR for a long time.  Please, make money on it.

I had to make a trip to our local Schwab office today.  I was told there are now NO fees associated with trading online.  That's simply amazing.

I used to trade options years ago.  As a matter of fact my trading buddy passed away on Thursday.  :crying:
I'll try to contribute a stock at a later date. 

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Personal Finance and Investment Thread
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 12:46:51 am »
 I have true personal investment stories that are hard to believe, including this prescient letter published in the Wall Street Journal twenty-three years ago:

This very year, Credit Suisse Bank went bankrupt, having ignored my cautionary letter of 2000 pointing out the incompetence of their Chief Investment Strategist.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, it is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist