Author Topic: Ron DeSantis responds to wife being called ‘America’s Karen’: She 'threatens the left'  (Read 1744 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 10, 2023 1:11pm EDT
Ron DeSantis responds to wife being called ‘America’s Karen’: She 'threatens the left'
Florida governor, GOP presidential candidate says his wife Casey wears the criticism from MSNBC as a 'badge of honor'
By Kristen Altus FOXBusiness

After a liberal media panel mocked Florida’s first lady Casey DeSantis as "America’s Karen," her husband and GOP presidential candidate defended their values and platform against leftist attacks.

"My wife is an incredibly strong first lady of Florida, a fantastic mother and a great wife, and that threatens the left," Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said on "Varney & Co." Monday.

"So she and I kind of shrug it off because we know it just shows they view her as a threat, because the message that she was bringing in Iowa about the rights of parents and how we are not going to take this anymore with the left trying to indoctrinate our kids, they understand that that resonates not just with Republican parents, with independent parents and, yes, with Democrat parents," he added.

On MSNBC’s "Saturday Show with Jonathan Capehart" this past weekend, a political panel mocked and name-called Florida’s first lady when discussing DeSantis’ campaigning strategy, particularly after Casey’s recently announced Mamas for DeSantis initiative.

"Casey DeSantis is a fairly compelling political figure in Florida, and now nationally. For many, she's the brighter side to Florida's angry governor. For others, she's become America's Karen. And I think that's the ultimate disconnect here with a campaign that needs to embrace more constituencies to get to the White House," MSNBC analyst David Jolly said Saturday.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ron-desantis-wife-americas-karen-threatens-left
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

The MSNBC slurpers love Big Mike Obama and elder abuser Jill Biden, but they'll mock Mrs. DeSantis (and, no doubt, Mrs. Trump). Go figure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The MSNBC slurpers love Big Mike Obama and elder abuser Jill Biden, but they'll mock Mrs. DeSantis (and, no doubt, Mrs. Trump). Go figure.

This shouldn't be a surprise.  Besides, Fox will come to Casey's rescue, so no worries.

Online mountaineer

This shouldn't be a surprise.  Besides, Fox will come to Casey's rescue, so no worries.
I don't care about that. I don't watch FOX. Considering how disgusting the media have been to Mrs. Trump, I think we all should be offended by the rudeness exhibited toward Mrs. DeSantis. That is, if we have a speck of human decency.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Who is Karen?

Lamestream Liberal Media is afraid Casey DeSantis will successfully execute the Glenn Youngkin Strategy to the benefit of her husband's campaign.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 09:30:40 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online libertybele

DeSantis threatens the left and to attack his wife is not surprising.

If I recall Trump was threatened by Cruz and smeared his wife. The ugliness now continues.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I don't care about that. I don't watch FOX. Considering how disgusting the media have been to Mrs. Trump, I think we all should be offended by the rudeness exhibited toward Mrs. DeSantis. That is, if we have a speck of human decency.

I certainly see and understand your point.  But, when you jump into a pivotal position in the campaign, the rules change and so do media shields.

We may not like it, but that's politics.

Offline LMAO

The title is a little bit misleading

This is what was said from the article…

Casey DeSantis is a fairly compelling political figure in Florida, and now nationally. For many, she's the brighter side to Florida's angry governor. For others, she's become America's Karen. And I think that's the ultimate disconnect here with a campaign that needs to embrace more constituencies to get to the White House," MSNBC analyst David Jolly said Saturday.

So MSNBC didn’t say she was a Karen. They simply said that there are people out there who have that opinion of her. Which is true

Wives that got involved with their husband’s campaigns always been fair game. Was Hillary Clinton back in 1992? Or how about Big Mike Obama?

The untouchables have been underage children. The left broke that with Sarah Palin’s Downs Syndrome baby
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 10:02:15 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

If I recall Trump was threatened by Cruz and smeared his wife. The ugliness now continues.

@libertybele

Cruz has a wife,other than the dude he shares the condo with?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I know nothing about his wife other than what I see and hear on the media,but she sure seems like an asset to me.

Which must be why the left hates and fears her.

Offline Kamaji

Yup.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The title is a little bit misleading

This is what was said from the article…

Casey DeSantis is a fairly compelling political figure in Florida, and now nationally. For many, she's the brighter side to Florida's angry governor. For others, she's become America's Karen. And I think that's the ultimate disconnect here with a campaign that needs to embrace more constituencies to get to the White House," MSNBC analyst David Jolly said Saturday.

So MSNBC didn’t say she was a Karen. They simply said that there are people out there who have that opinion of her. Which is true

Wives that got involved with their husband’s campaigns always been fair game. Was Hillary Clinton back in 1992? Or how about Big Mike Obama?

The untouchables have been underage children. The left broke that with Sarah Palin’s Downs Syndrome baby

@LMAO

Has there ever been a political wife that DIDN'T involve herself in her husband's campaign in the 20th Century?

I'd be shocked if she hadn't,and am more than a little surprised that someone is trying to make a big deal about it.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Which is why the media wants Trump to be the nominee.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Which is why the media wants Trump to be the nominee.

@Free Vulcan

Yeah,that must be why the media is always saying such nice things about him,huh?

Online mountaineer

If they hate Trump so much and don't want him to be the GOP nominee, why do the media attack his opponents - especially DeSantis and Scott - as much as they do?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 03:54:25 pm by mountaineer »

Online libertybele

@libertybele

Cruz has a wife,other than the dude he shares the condo with?

You are good at remembering all your talking points @sneakypete   - do you have any proof??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You are good at remembering all your talking points @sneakypete   - do you have any proof??
Proof? Proof is for losers seems to be the attitude of those with nothing but feces to sling...oh unless of course you bring up something about their lord on high.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

I saw a photo of the condo he and the other dude share,right here on TBR. IIRC,the thread also had a photo of Cruz and his bestie in the condo.

No,I am NOT going to look it up for you. If it interests you that much,look  it up  yourself. I don't work for you.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 12:11:38 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Proof? Proof is for losers seems to be the attitude of those with nothing but feces to sling...oh unless of course you bring up something about their lord on high.

@GtHawk

I hope you were looking in a mirror when that brain fart erupted,bubba.

Online libertybele

@libertybele

I saw a photo of the condo he and the other dude share,right here on TBR. IIRC,the thread also had a photo of Cruz and his bestie in the condo.

No,I am NOT going to look it up for you. If it interests you that much,look  it up  yourself. I don't work for you.

Nope, I have no interest in trying to find a  bogus picture.  What a waste of time.

Offline LMAO

@libertybele

Too funny

Makes an unsubstantiated claim and tells others to verify it for him

You made the claim. The burden is on you to prove it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Too funny

Makes an unsubstantiated claim and tells others to verify it for him

You made the claim. The burden is on you to prove it

@LMAO

I don't give a damn if some ignorant fool believes it or not. If it interests you all that much,look it up. The photo and the explanation were posted right here on TBR.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

I don't give a damn if some ignorant fool believes it or not. If it interests you all that much,look it up. The photo and the explanation were posted right here on TBR.

You’re the only one here who’s consistently made the claim of Cruz being gay. Then you feign disinterest in your claim

Really bizarre.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 02:13:00 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You’re the only one here who’s consistently made the claim of Cruz being gay. Then you feign disinterest in the veracity of your claim

Really bizarre.

@LMAO

No,I just don't give a damn  what you think,and I don't work for you. This means I am not going to waste MY time proving to you what I know to be true. If you ain't happy about this,Bubba,look it up for yourself.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

No,I just don't give a damn  what you think,and I don't work for you. This means I am not going to waste MY time proving to you what I know to be true. If you ain't happy about this,Bubba,look it up for yourself.

Do you do that in your daily life? Spread rumors about people regardless if you know they’re true or not and then demand others to prove you wrong?

Barry Goldwater