Author Topic: Judge Drops Hammer on El Paso Walmart Shooter: 90 Life Sentences in Federal Prison  (Read 217 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Judge Drops Hammer on El Paso Walmart Shooter: 90 Life Sentences in Federal Prison
Frank BergmanJuly 7, 2023 - 3:07 pm5 Comments

A judge has thrown the book at the Texas gunman who shot and killed 23 people in an attack at an El Paso Walmart in 2019.

24-year-old Patrick Crusius was given 90 consecutive life sentences in federal prison on Friday, The Associated Press reports.

Crusius was sentenced to multiple life terms following the mass shooting in the border city.

However, Crusius could still face the death penalty in a separate case in a Texas state court that has yet to go to trial.

After federal prosecutors took the death penalty off the table, he pleaded guilty in February to nearly 50 federal hate crime charges.

https://slaynews.com/news/judge-el-paso-walmart-shooter-90-life-sentences-federal-prison/
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 05:31:11 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The good news here for Patrick is that some judge  in the future,looking at an  appeal,may knock that back to only 50 life sentences.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!