Author Topic: China’s Advances in Space Warfare Are Terrifying  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China’s Advances in Space Warfare Are Terrifying
« on: July 10, 2023, 02:04:10 pm »
China’s Advances in Space Warfare Are Terrifying
“China is steadily progressing toward becoming a world-class space leader, with the intent to match or surpass the United States by 2045.”
by FRANCIS P. SEMPA
July 9, 2023, 11:08 PM

The indefatigable Bill Gertz of the Washington Times has a page-one story highlighting a Mitchell Institute report that warns that the United States is falling behind China in “counterspace capabilities” that will be crucial to success in any future war.

To quote the report: “The U.S. advantage in space is at risk … [T]he United States must maintain its access to space capabilities that are now threatened by China. And the United States must have the potential to deny China access to the space capabilities it needs to threaten U.S. space and terrestrial forces and national interests.”

The Mitchell Institute report is authored by Charles S. Galbreath, a senior resident fellow for space studies at the Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies and a retired Space Force colonel. His 28-page paper is a siren call for the United States to wake up to the growing danger presented by China’s “alarming array of operational counterspace weaponry” that includes ground-based anti-satellite weapons, electronic warfare platforms, and killer satellites “capable of attacking U.S. assets in orbit. “China,” he writes, “has the most rapidly developing counterspace capabilities of any nation and is expanding its overall space program with the intent to surpass the United States.” 

https://spectator.org/chinas-advances-in-space-warfare-are-terrifying/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: China’s Advances in Space Warfare Are Terrifying
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 02:38:25 pm »
Yes, they are.  Yet we continue to give them our intellictual property or allow them to steal it.

////00000////

I hope Apple's iPhone profits are worth it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 07:48:12 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.