Author Topic: CNMI Makes Filing an Immigration/Working Conditions Complaint Difficult  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CNMI Makes Filing an Immigration/Working Conditions Complaint Difficult
Workers must file up to seven documents, including two hand-drawn maps

By David North on July 6, 2023

It has been known for some time that the government of the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands (CNMI), out in the Western Pacific, is dominated by foreign-worker-loving employers, and that the bulk of the territory’s private sector workers are nonimmigrant aliens with no prospect of citizenship.

Further, the overstuffed local bureaucracy is so careless or so inept that something as simple as giving everyone a street address is not the norm.

Finally, there is the Commonwealth’s Labor Department, which handles foreign workers and thus (reluctantly) complaints against them and their employers filed by citizens.

Given these three factors it is predictable that the complaint process is full of obstacles but the extent of them is remarkable, as a CIS informant has told us.

https://cis.org/North/CNMI-Makes-Filing-ImmigrationWorking-Conditions-Complaint-Difficult
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As I remember it, Nazi Pelosi's hubby has big time interests in the tuna business there.  There couldn't possibly be a link, could there? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson