Author Topic: CBP officers seize 3K rounds of ammo at Ysleta Port of Entry  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CBP officers seize 3K rounds of ammo at Ysleta Port of Entry
by: Dave Burge

Posted: Jul 8, 2023 / 02:48 PM CDT

Updated: Jul 8, 2023 / 02:48 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at the Ysleta Port of Entry seized 3,150 rounds of ammunition from a man traveling to Mexico.

“CBP officers conduct outbound inspections, targeting the movement of unreported currency, weapons, ammunition and other violations,” said CBP Ysleta Port Director Arnoldo Gomez. “This is an important part of the CBP enforcement mission.”

The incident occurred on Thursday, July 6, when CBP officers selected a vehicle driven by a 19-year-old male, U.S. citizen for a routine inspection. During inspection of the vehicle, CBP officers discovered several ammunition boxes hidden underneath the backseat. Further search resulted in the discovery of 63 boxes containing 3,150 rounds of .45 caliber ammunition located throughout the vehicle.

https://www.borderreport.com/news/top-stories/cbp-officers-seize-3k-rounds-of-ammo-at-ysleta-port-of-entry/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: CBP officers seize 3K rounds of ammo at Ysleta Port of Entry
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 01:13:42 pm »
They must have known it is illegal to transport ammo out of the country!  Why, then, did they not obey the law?  HEY!!!  Does this mean weapons and ammo are smuggled all the time across the border in violation of the law?  Well, I never! :sarc:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson