Author Topic: 'But Trump Won …!'  (Read 1483 times)

Online Kamaji

'But Trump Won …!'
« on: July 10, 2023, 12:58:41 pm »
'But Trump Won …!'

Arthur  Schaper
Jul 10, 2023

The Republican Party is no longer facing a fight between moderate-liberal (McCain, Romney) and Conservative (Ron Paul, Tom Tancredo), but a fight between Talking Conservative (Trump) and Walking Conservative (DeSantis). And growing numbers of pro-DeSantis Republicans are emerging.

Sure, the polling shows Trump with a runaway lead. However, Republicans had runaway leads in 2022, and we all saw how that turned out. Furthermore, the 2024 primary will be decided by voters in specific states, not national polling or national sentiment.

Slow and steady wins the race. Another reason I prefer DeSantis to Trump at this point: he is focused on the real mechanics and political engineering of elections. The Left does not measure success on how many people attend a rally, or how many people follow a candidate on social media. The focus is always on getting votes, or in more recent times how many ballots they can stuff in the ballot box, how many illegal aliens they can register to vote, how many dead voters they can list as casting ballots.

Not just ballot-harvesting, but ballot-chasing is the name of the game, and DeSantis has announced he will use every legal maneuver to win. I live in California, where cheating is rampant, yet in 2022, Republicans gained back Congressional seats for the second cycle in a row. We have not had that kind of restoration in nearly forty years. If committed partisans are willing to make the effort, we can win.

Source:  https://townhall.com/columnists/arthurschaper/2023/07/10/but-trump-won-n2625488

Offline LMAO

Re: 'But Trump Won …!'
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 01:12:25 pm »
From the article….

The Left does not measure success on how many people attend a rally, or how many people follow a candidate on social media.

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

The ultimate goal is winning elections. Fighting over crowd size at some Fourth of July event or posting pictures of a Trump rally are meaningless. Winning elections puts candidates in a position to enact agendas.

And conservatives may not win every legislative battle or get everything we think we should. But winning elections put you closer to that.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 01:21:07 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 01:31:07 pm »
Also, from the article…

But Nixon helped Republicans in 1964, and he helped Republicans win in 1966. Nixon then won in 1968. In stark contrast, Trump has helped Republicans lose. He lost the House in 2018. He supervised the loss of four key US Senate seats in 2020. He witnessed Republicans lose yet another US Senate seat and barely gain back the House in 2022.

Absolutely

Outside the Republican primary, it’s just a fact that Trump costs the Republicans elections. It’s not a personal attack against him and his supporters.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 01:32:32 pm »
Also, from the article…

But Nixon helped Republicans in 1964, and he helped Republicans win in 1966. Nixon then won in 1968. In stark contrast, Trump has helped Republicans lose. He lost the House in 2018. He supervised the loss of four key US Senate seats in 2020. He witnessed Republicans lose yet another US Senate seat and barely gain back the House in 2022.

Absolutely

Outside the Republican primary, it’s just a fact that Trump costs the Republicans elections. It’s not a personal attack against him and his supporters.

Indeed.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 01:51:40 pm »
Also, from the article…

Absolutely

That is the hard truth that a lot of people don't want to hear.  Yes, he may have huge rallies and a huge following on Social Media, but it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. To win a general election, you need to get more people (mainly the independents) to WIN the general election. 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2023, 01:59:14 pm »
From the article….

The Left does not measure success on how many people attend a rally, or how many people follow a candidate on social media.

They don't have to; this is how they roll -----

Election 2020 totals when they stopped counting  pointing-up.     How they used the time.  pointing-down

« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 02:01:09 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2023, 02:28:21 pm »

Election 2020 totals when they stopped counting  pointing-up .     How they used the time.  pointing-down

Just keep believing the big lie...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2023, 03:17:26 pm »

Just keep believing the big lie...

My position on the 2020 election is a little bit more nuanced. I am skeptical of the claim that Donald Trump was robbed of a second term. But  I’m also very skeptical of the claim that it was one of the cleanest safest elections we’ve ever had.

Folks concerns about how the 2020 election was conducted, I believe, are justified. Accepting ballots without signatures or verifiable addresses , changing dates in the middle of the game of when ballots can be accepted after they’ve been agreed upon by state legislators, and have we ever stopped counting ballots while in the middle of counting them? I don’t recall that ever being done before.

But proving that that’s what cost Trump the election is a much harder task. So as of now, I deal with the fact that Biden was elected in 2020 and is the current president.

And is Trump not accepting the results of the election and claiming he won the biggest lie? Is it any worse than some of the claims Hillary Clinton and her supporters made?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 03:18:20 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2023, 03:30:30 pm »

Election 2020 totals when they stopped counting  pointing-up.     How they used the time.  pointing-down

Yep! I'm firmly convinced that the GOP would be in firm control of the House, Senate,  Whitehouse, and several more governorships without the blatant fraud in 2020 and 2022.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2023, 03:36:18 pm »
Elections are popularity contests.  To get someone to vote, you can:

1.) Convince people that you are worth of voting for - CHARISMA - (may drive turnout)
2.) Convince people that your opponent is the Boogie Man - FEAR - (definitely drives turnout)
3.) Convince pople that you are the lesser of evils  - RESIGNATION - (eh, why bother)

Trump won 2016 because Hillary Clinton was the greater of evils.
Biden won 2020 because Trump was the greater of evils.

If Trump wants to continue to run for President in 2020, his opponents won't stop him.  Meanwhile, the adults in the room are running for President in 2024.

////00000////

Speaking of Tangerine Mussolini's Presidential Election time warp ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w0WPkB3XJ4
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 09:30:00 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2023, 04:32:43 pm »
Thank heavens Trump didn’t run for office in the 80s.  We had it won, but then Walter Mondale stuffed the ballot boxes.  Waaaaaaaaaah

Online Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2023, 04:45:35 pm »
Thank heavens Trump didn’t run for office in the 80s.  We had it won, but then Walter Mondale stuffed the ballot boxes.  Waaaaaaaaaah

:mauslaff:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2023, 05:20:51 pm »
A lot of Trump supporters claim the fact that the votes swung from pro-Trump to pro Biden as counting progressed is a sign of fraud.  What they overlook is that the Democrats deliberately instructed their voters not to vote on the day of voting, but rather to vote by mail in ballots.  On the other hand, Republicans were instructed, including by folks like Rush Limbaugh, to vote in person on election day.

The net impact of that - and this was apparent before the election to anyone who was paying attention - was that early totals would favor Trump, but that Biden numbers would get stronger as the mail-ins started getting counted.   The question was always going to be whether yhe post-election day Biden surge was going to be enough to overcome Trump's leads.  It obviously was.

That's not saying there wasn't fraud. It's simply pointing out that the mere fact that the vote count shifted doesn't prove fraud, because that was the logical result of the parties providing different voting advice to their supporters.

This is all a matter of clear record based on things written by both sides prior to Election Day.  But it nevertheless gets completely ignored by those claiming mass fraud.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 05:23:03 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2023, 08:59:54 pm »

Nonsense.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2023, 09:15:55 pm »
Of course Biden won. He won with the most votes in human history.
A decrepit demented old pedophile who can barely walk hiding in his basement got 81 million votes.
More than Obama. And he did it with only a handful of States.
Anyone who questions the election is a conspiracy nut.
After all, Biden is a Puerto Rican Irish Jew who beat up Corn Pop.
Who wouldn't vote for him?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2023, 09:18:53 pm »
Of course Biden won. He won with the most votes in human history.
A decrepit demented old pedophile who can barely walk hiding in his basement got 81 million votes.
More than Obama. And he did it with only a handful of States.
Anyone who questions the election is a conspiracy nut.
After all, Biden is a Puerto Rican Irish Jew who beat up Corn Pop.
Who wouldn't vote for him?

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2023, 09:20:10 pm »
That's not saying there wasn't fraud. It's simply pointing out that the mere fact that the vote count shifted doesn't prove fraud, because that was the logical result of the parties providing different voting advice to their supporters.

:facepalm2:   How do you get 81 million votes without 81 million legal and unique voters?  Start here:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2023, 10:53:39 pm »
LMAO:
" it’s just a fact that Trump costs the Republicans elections. It’s not a personal attack against him and his supporters."

Kamaji:
"Indeed"

For your perusal:

Sumthin' just isn't right here...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2023, 11:46:17 pm »
:facepalm2:   How do you get 81 million votes without 81 million legal and unique voters?  Start here:

Didn't remotely address the point I raised.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2023, 12:15:00 am »

I am 100% convinced that had election laws been followed, Trump would have won Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, and Arizona.  I am also 100% convinced that Trump's own naivete, arrogance, and the leadership shortcomings of his entrepreneurial mindset led to his (stolen) defeat.
 His legal strategy was pure idiocy.  He chose to forgo easily winnable legal cases, instead expecting a judge to unilaterally declare him the winner.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2023, 03:40:17 am »

Dinesh D’Souza isn’t exactly what I would call an impartial observer

It is said that Donald Trump got 75 million votes. Joe Biden got 81 million votes. As I posted before, we had 159 million people cast ballots in 2020. The math  does add up. If someone says “I don’t believe that Joe Biden got 81 million votes” then it’s fair to ask why do you embrace, without doubt, the fact that Donald Trump got 75 million which, by the way, was  the second highest vote totals for any candidate in history?

It’s part of our nature to believe that how we see things is what is. But we’re a country with 334 million some people. All with different worldviews.

Barry Goldwater

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2023, 05:36:15 am »
Didn't remotely address the point I raised.

Sure it does.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2023, 09:01:23 am »
Trump and his worshippers claim 2020 was stolen from him, and yet neither he nor they have done a damned thing to change any of the underlying problems that led to that alleged theft. 

American elections are no safer, and no better, due to anything Trumpie and his worshippers have done.  On the other hand, Florida elections are now safer thanks to the efforts of DeSantis.

Trumpie and his worshippers don’t actually care about whether the election was stolen; they’re just happy they can make themselves the center of attention by crying about it.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2023, 10:56:14 am »
Let's get something straight. The election of 2020 was rigged against Trump. This has already been proven. The FBI systematically used the media to suppress Hunter's laptop and promote the false narrative of Russian collusion in order to affect the outcome of the election. Not theory. Proven fact.

The thing is, who was in charge of the FBI? Trump. Trump appointed Wray, and Wray either used the agency against Trump, or allowed it to happen. So basically, insurrection.  And what does Trump say about Wray today? "We'll see." This is not leadership.

Whether it be the wall that did not get built, or appointing Fauci dictator over the American people, or the massive wasteful spending, or the constant unnecessary drama, Trump has demonstrated he is not a very good leader. He tries to lead by intimidation and force, and that will only get you so far. Capable people avoid bullies.

Is he better than Biden? Yes. Can the GOP do better? Abso-effing-lutely.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2023, 11:01:13 am »
Let's get something straight. The election of 2020 was rigged against Trump. This has already been proven. The FBI systematically used the media to suppress Hunter's laptop and promote the false narrative of Russian collusion in order to affect the outcome of the election. Not theory. Proven fact.

On this point I agree.

Since when has the FBI been in the election interference business?

Barry Goldwater